Inviting "veterans" modders to say "hi"

Discuss anything not covered by any of the other categories.
Dr. Shadowborg
InsideQC Staff

Post by Dr. Shadowborg »

He's my favorite too. :)

Deej I've seen on IRC relatively recently. Randy is a regular on #neither.
Error
InsideQC Staff

Post by Error »

MaNiAc
SantaClaws

Post by SantaClaws »

Braaaaaaaains.
Entar

Post by Entar »

Wazat!
leileilol

Post by leileilol »

Entar wrote:Wazat!
is still around and has posted here not long ago
i should not be here
Urre

Post by Urre »

Omg santa! Back from the dead!...?
I was once a Quake modder
CocoT

Post by CocoT »

Great!

Well, we're already have Mauvebib and Santa, here. Electro has posted a day or two ago, so he's pretty much here, too (even though a little busy) and there are some people in the list which apparently could easily be contacted, if only via IRC.
Rich Whitehouse (if we're talking about the same person), still has a rather active site, http://www.telefragged.com/thefatal/

Now, maybe we could all "work" on a kind of basic set of questions which would be used as "starters" in the thread that is going to be dedicated to each of those "veteran modders/engine coders/mappers" :)
I think it's actually really cool that not all of us know them. It'll be a good opportunity to learn about their contributions (or, for some of us, refresh our memory) and, well, just have a good time chatting. I think it'd also be nice to hear their comments on the current state of the community and how they picture its future.

This could be fun! :D
Last edited by CocoT on Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Neurotic Conversions - New location: Update your bookmarks!
Entar

Post by Entar »

leileilol wrote:
Entar wrote:Wazat!
is still around and has posted here not long ago
But I want him to come back more often :)
Squirt

Post by Squirt »

Kool1o or however his nick was spelled :)
remember the Kool1o bot? also based on tutorbot... like so many others... good old times :D
CocoT

Post by CocoT »

Squirt! :D
Three posts since 2005, one a year! :wink:
Now, that does not mean you HAVE to wait 2009 for your next one, you know! :wink:
Wazat

Post by Wazat »

CocoT wrote:Squirt! :D
Three posts since 2005, one a year! :wink:
Now, that does not mean you HAVE to wait 2009 for your next one, you know! :wink:
The problem is, if he posts here again to give a witty response he'll go overbudget and have to wait until 2011 to make another (or later if he has to pay interest). I dunno, tough call. ;)

I'm still around, and I've started lurking recently. Even posting.

Even modding lol!

I'd be happy to answer a questionare or do an interview.
When my computer inevitably explodes and kills me, my cat inherits everything I own. He may be the only one capable of continuing my work.
Squirt

Post by Squirt »

Good point Wazat and CocoT, BUT... who knows if I have an increased budget? :)

I'd also be happy to answer the questionaire... someone should interview me about inside3d as I'm obviously the one who knows this forum best!
CocoT

Post by CocoT »

Hehehe... :)
And, hi, Wazat! :D

I'm hoping we'll come up with a good series of questions for you guys, and once we do, we can start individual "veterans interviews" threads :)

These are some of the questions I was thinking about:
- Could you, for the new members here, briefly introduce yourself (age, location...) and tell us when you were most active in the Q1 community?
- How did you get involved in the community?
- What Q1 contributions are you best-known for? Do you still have a website/links where we could check out/rediscover your stuff?
- Is there any unfinished (secret?) Q1 project you were involved in you now wish you had completed? Describe it to us and tell us why!
- What are you best memories about this community?
- When and why did you decide to slow down your contribution to the community (if you did)?
- How has Real Life treated you so far? :)
- Are you still playing Quake? Are you still trying out mods, maps and engines?
- Has there been other games you have been playing a lot since you left the community (if you did)?
- How would you describe the Q1 community right now? Is there any contribution that really impressed you in the last couple of years?
- How do you picture the future of the community? Do you (objectively) think that people will still be modding/mapping for it in, say, 10 years from now?
- Is there the slightest chance you would consider be an active part of the community again? :)

Could some people check them out, possibly edit them if they sound weird and maybe come up with their own? Once we have a decent amount (12-15?), we'll be able to get this thing strated :D
Kools

Post by Kools »

Hi Squirt!
Forum lurker
CocoT

Post by CocoT »

Koolio! :D

Btw: sorry not to have followed up on this thread yet, guys, but I've been swamped with work, so I'll get the ball rolling in a couple of weeks, when I'm done with my papers ;) ... oh, and I'm still waiting for feedback on these questions, too... hehe