Ammo Pickups and more working in Conquest

Discuss anything not covered by any of the other categories.
Wazat

Ammo Pickups and more working in Conquest

Post by Wazat »

I finally got ammo pickups working in Conquest. Anyone here who's played any of the Ratchet & Clank games ought to find the concept vagely familiar.

Ammo is stored in crates. When you break the crate, an ammo refill or two will pop out that will partially refill one of your weapons. It favors the weapon you're holding when the crate is broken (so the weapon you're using gets refilled most often), but otherwise randomly selects a weapon that needs ammo.

Now I need a decent crate model, preferrably the same dimensions as, say, a shell/nail box, probably in bsp format. I think I can make this, but I need to know, is it as simlpe as just making a box in a map editor, putting some lights around it, and compiling & lighting?

I've also made a haphazardous attempt at getting the town portal working. Actually it's more of an intensive attempt than that, weeks in the making, but it's a stubborn problem. I've come up with a slight variation on how to solve it, but it's going to take lots of time. Other features of the town, such as different types of shops and some NPCs to talk to, will take a lot longer.

On the lighter side, I've made a few monster variations to spice up the mod. There are a couple new kinds of knights, and a new death knight that carries some very deadly attacks that will make you wish you'd invested in a little armor. :) I've also modified the armor of various monsters to make them more diverse - you definitely don't want to take on an ogre or armored knight with a machinegun, or a demon with rockets. You'll have to carry weapons with you that can cover a lot of bases, or be prepared for some hard battles.

I also have a line of new shields planned which will add to the strategy of the mod, hopefully without making things too complicated for the player. I believe it's important for a game to be sufficiently complex without being so complicated it gets boring. We'll have to see if I can live up to my own aspirations. :)
When my computer inevitably explodes and kills me, my cat inherits everything I own. He may be the only one capable of continuing my work.
Supa

Post by Supa »

Now I need a decent crate model, preferrably the same dimensions as, say, a shell/nail box, probably in bsp format. I think I can make this, but I need to know, is it as simlpe as just making a box in a map editor, putting some lights around it, and compiling & lighting?
Well, its not a bsp model, but take a look and see if the AirQuake ammo crate might be suitable (screen attached). box1.mdl in pak0 to be specific.
aut viam inveniam aut faciam