Quake's Realm

Discuss anything not covered by any of the other categories.
Error
InsideQC Staff

Quake's Realm

Post by Error »

Quake's Realm <- not to be confused with frag.machine's Realms of Quake

The hero failed and Quake's Army grew stronger and stronger. Now, the mission has been handed to anyone who's brave and strong enough to take it on. Far in the future, in a colony based on the moon, a group of hero's is preparing for the ultimate battle. Join together with your friends or make new friends and fight Quake on our planets and their's. Quake, who even started to settle upon our bases, is trying to stop us in our journeys. From the moon base, use the newly found slipgate technology to transport groups of heroes to fight Quake where the hero failed. Good luck to everyone.

Fight the hordes of Quake as 4 new classes: Light Warrior, Heavy Arms, Medic, and the never-before-heard-of Runic.

:arrow: Light Warriors are used mainly for powerful range combat, but have low armor.

:arrow: Heavy Arms are used for melee combat, and holding off many opponents at once.

:arrow: Medics are used mainly for support, cause fair ranged attacks, but have next to no armor.

:arrow: Runics are the studiers of Quake's ancient runes and magics. They hold the keys to all black magic.

Depending on time contraints, I work on this a fair amount. If anyone is interested in helping, please contact me via private message. I would like to have a pre-alpha of this for the next QExpo, but we shall see. This is a lot to do with one person.

Firstly, I need assistance with the main moon base level, where every player starts to train.

All first instances (dungeons) are done using the first episode of levels from Quake, so you can play your favorite Quake levels in ways you've never thought you could.

This will not be playable on any systems that can't run Darkplaces... as it uses many functions only seen in Darkplaces. I'm sorry I can't support the lower end of machines out there. Graphics will be VERY Quake (low-poly).

BTW! if you think this is a little world of warcraft-y... you may be right... I'm a avid player of the game. It's loosely based around FEW ideas WoW had.
Last edited by Error on Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
frag.machine

Re: Realms of Quake

Post by frag.machine »

Error wrote:Realms of Quake
Huh ? Dejavu ?! :D

http://qexpo2005.quakedev.com/booths.ph ... ag-machine

But hey, TBH I really don't mind if you want to use the name, the ideas or anything else from it, actually I'd love to see this puppy finally to become reality.
I know FrikaC made a cgi-bin version of the quakec interpreter once and wrote part of his website in QuakeC :) (LordHavoc)
Sajt

Post by Sajt »

If we're talking about coop mods, i STILL want to play that mod that Quakematt (I think?) made. What was it called? Panzer? Did anyone ever get to play it? Dang hard to get a multiplayer game goin'.
F. A. Špork, an enlightened nobleman and a great patron of art, had a stately Baroque spa complex built on the banks of the River Labe.
Error
InsideQC Staff

Post by Error »

frag.machine: oh my god... I really don't remember that. honest. that's actually quite a shock for me to see that.

Sucks, cause I didn't wanna name it World of Quake :P

hmm... are you continuing work on RoQ?
Urre

Post by Urre »

I wanna make an mmo(ish, without the massive part) using DP too... :(

*runs off crying due to lack of time*
I was once a Quake modder
FrikaC
Site Admin

Post by FrikaC »

me three
frag.machine

Post by frag.machine »

Error wrote:frag.machine: oh my god... I really don't remember that. honest. that's actually quite a shock for me to see that.
No harm done. I was just surprised, that's it. :D
Error wrote:Sucks, cause I didn't wanna name it World of Quake :P
Hey, you don't have to. Realms of Quake is a cool name. Rest assured you won't receive any C&D letters from my lawyers :D

As I told before feel free to use the name, ideas or any other asset from it. You have my bless and my good luck wishes. :D
Error wrote:hmm... are you continuing work on RoQ?
No. But, if you're interested, I have lots of cool stuff in QuakeC, textures and even some crappy NPC models I hammered to use on it. It's far from release quality level but most of the things already works (like NPC dialogs and interaction, quest party voting, buy&sell stuff, etc), definitively a good start point. Just send me an URL to where I can upload stuff and it's yours.
I know FrikaC made a cgi-bin version of the quakec interpreter once and wrote part of his website in QuakeC :) (LordHavoc)
frag.machine

Re: Quake's Realm

Post by frag.machine »

Error wrote:Quake's Realm <- not to be confused with frag.machine's Realms of Quake

Since I never released anything beyond a bunch of screenshots, you're clear to use the name without the risk of people confuse your mod with "that crap lump frag.machine tried to toss over us". :D
Megazoid

Post by Megazoid »

Easy Strength Quest
The sewers are infected with tarbabies. City Maintenance is offering 10 gold for the killing of 5 tarbabies in 2 Q-hours. Pick up your gold at the Q-replicator on completion of the mission.

*grind grind grind*
xaGe

Post by xaGe »

wow! ..:lol:...
Megazoid wrote:Easy Strength Quest
The sewers are infected with tarbabies. City Maintenance is offering 10 gold for the killing of 5 tarbabies in 2 Q-hours. Pick up your gold at the Q-replicator on completion of the mission.

*grind grind grind*
frag.machine

Post by frag.machine »

xaGe wrote:wow! ..:lol:...
Megazoid wrote:Easy Strength Quest

*grind grind grind*
Fiend hunt

The local restaurant owner wants you to hunt 10 fiends and bring their gibs to him. He will pay 100 gold coins for this.
scar3crow
InsideQC Staff

Post by scar3crow »

If you bring grinding to Quake, I will go back in time and rape your great grandmother with a railgun. The prop. From Eraser. Backwards.
Error
InsideQC Staff

Post by Error »

that's so hot! :o
frag.machine

Re: Quake's Realm

Post by frag.machine »

Error wrote:Quake's Realm <- not to be confused with frag.machine's Realms of Quake

The hero failed and Quake's Army grew stronger and stronger. Now, the mission has been handed to anyone who's brave and strong enough to take it on. Far in the future, in a colony based on the moon, a group of hero's is preparing for the ultimate battle. Join together with your friends or make new friends and fight Quake on our planets and their's. Quake, who even started to settle upon our bases, is trying to stop us in our journeys. From the moon base, use the newly found slipgate technology to transport groups of heroes to fight Quake where the hero failed. Good luck to everyone.
Suddenly re-reading your plot I got this idea (hope you don't mind if I am messing with your ideas but I couldn't help, heh :P ). It's the plot for a RTS-RPG-hybrid:
Several years after the defeat of Shub Niggurath by the lendary earth warrior, the legions of infernal changelings breded by the unholy mother of Quake and once tamed and unified under his fist were scattered through the four dimensions in small tribes and clans, weakened groups fighting each other and opening room for the human domination. Starting as simple militar bases and later expanding as small cities, the human presence in the dimensions once ruled by Quake brought an unexpected wind of change in his plans. Now Quake is not more the uncontested ruler of worlds, but only another player in the complicated game of power - although, a big one thanks to the still numerous loyal forces under his command. Time to choose your side - as one commander from the Earth Occupation Forces (EOF), a Hell Knight leading his legions, a bestial shalrath using arcane rune powers to summons scrags and tarbabies to fight, a brutal ogre clan leader with their inate ability to tame infernal creatures like shamblers and fiends or an undead master, commanding zombies, grunts, rottweillers and enforcers. Whatever is your faction, your mission is to submit as many groups to your own control until because soon or later you'll have to fight Quake itself either for the victory leading to the supreme command of multiple dimensions, or to be obliterated and removed from the existence in an epic defeat.

It's time to choose your side.
Sooo, basically you select your preferred "race" and start fighting battles to conquest another groups. Once you got enough forces, you can march into Quake's Fortress and... kicks his butt.

I know, it's not much. But looked really interesting when I first thought about it. :)
Error
InsideQC Staff

Post by Error »

I always saw Quake as a group of enemies... not a single entity.

But anyways, I was thinking of getting the pre-alpha done like this:

You start at the Moon Base recruitment center.
You can venture outside the base to fight Quake's minions (ogres and such) in their little tribes and camps and take on quests until you get to level 10. That's where you get your first "dungeon" (e1m1). This will be filled with all the wonders of the level, but will require a full group of 4 players at level 10 to complete.

I'm hoping to have all of episode 1 ready for the pre-alpha, but we'll see. I can't wait to do the raid boss Cthon battle. I've got tons of ideas about how to do this. :) Of course, in order to get to Cthon, you need to do a long series of quests, ending in the "Atunement of Cthon" quest, which take you beyond our world and into theirs.

Cthon... like any raid boss will drop pieces of specific raid set equipments specific to each class of player.

Sounds fun :)