Advanced Monsters

Discuss programming in the QuakeC language.
demnuh235

Advanced Monsters

Post by demnuh235 »

Hello, i'd like to post my first mod. It's small and you've probably seen something like that, but i would be really grateful if you say if you like it or not.

The mod includes:
:arrow: Improved shamblers, with tractor beam instead of lightning, pulling you right under their claws
:arrow: Being near a zombie or being hit by one will cause your head to spin. Once your fear level is high enough, you'll suicide
:arrow: Grunts are replaced with allies, who can be interacted with by using impulse 30. Don't worry, they'll be enemies again soon
:arrow: Some minor weapons tweaks like thunderbolt kickbacks or pulls (change with impulse 31, use to jump higher) or grenades attracting enemies
:arrow: Demon's claws now confuse you, better avoid them

That's all, though that ain't much. Please take a look and send me some feedback.

Download: https://rs180tg.rapidshare.com/#!downlo ... gs.dat|437

P.S. there is a funny but undone feature called by using impulse 253, then reopening console and using impulse 32. It affects player, nails, weapons and enemies
Nahuel

Re: Advanced Monsters

Post by Nahuel »

the link doesn´t work in my computer :( :(
¿can you reupload the mod to a descent host like gamefront?
¿it´s posible?
:D :D
thanks!!!!!!!!!!
hi, I am nahuel, I love quake and qc.
demnuh235

Post by demnuh235 »

Nahuel

Post by Nahuel »

it´s funny, some hard, but funny
(stealth afraid (v_idlescale)system ?)
hi, I am nahuel, I love quake and qc.
demnuh235

Post by demnuh235 »

thanks) yes, it's idlescale
Karall

Post by Karall »

Its pretty cool I guess, but harder. Guess it's fun if youre bored with normal enemies, worth a try!
demnuh235

Post by demnuh235 »

thanks! That's the very target i've been pursuing - make monsters tougher by changing their ai, and not touching their health and damage. I have some more ideas to realise, so i guess that's not the last version
dreadlorde

Post by dreadlorde »

Plan on releasing the source?
Ken Thompson wrote:One of my most productive days was throwing away 1000 lines of code.
Get off my lawn!
demnuh235

Post by demnuh235 »

Sure, after i clean it a little bit, for now it's very, very dirty and confusing
behind_you

Post by behind_you »

You got some creative things there. Nice job. The idlescale thing is odd, though
demnuh235

Post by demnuh235 »

Thanks :oops: I'm now working on knights riding fiends, and i also plan to make fishes pull you to the bottom, shamblers throwing smaller enemies at you and some ordinary enhances like better ogre's aiming :)