where can i find the latest source code and compiler?

Discuss programming in the QuakeC language.
Bonechilla

where can i find the latest source code and compiler?

Post by Bonechilla »

Where can i find the latest QC source code (QuakeC 106) and compiler (FrikQcc) or where could i get the best QC source code and compiler.
scar3crow
InsideQC Staff

Post by scar3crow »

ftp://ftp.idsoftware.com/idstuff/source/qcc.tar.gz
That should be up to date, but I cannot vouch for id having the latest version. There is also CleanQuake, a version of the QuakeC code that is cleaned of all warnings that occur in the id code usually, it can be found here http://tremor.quakedev.com/qcide.html along with the QCide text editor. As for a compiler, check out http://www.inside3d.com/frikbot/projects.php it is a few items down and has the links you need.

I saw you poked in on irc earlier using the java client, sorry no one responded (I was running some errands). Just so you know, you are more likely (but not guaranteed, some times of the day are just slow) to get a response in #qc (which the java client automatically enters as well as #inside3d).
leileilol

Post by leileilol »

fteqcc is good too, but it screws up on some things like qc decal code and such specialties
Bonechilla

Post by Bonechilla »

thx are their any other suggestions for source codes, also will I be able to still use the the tutorials with the other source codes.

I found another compiler named qccx would u consider it better than FrikQcc
leileilol

Post by leileilol »

No
Dr. Shadowborg
InsideQC Staff

Post by Dr. Shadowborg »

Bonechilla wrote:thx are their any other suggestions for source codes, also will I be able to still use the the tutorials with the other source codes.

I found another compiler named qccx would u consider it better than FrikQcc
Hell, no. FrikQCC is the best, IMO.
scar3crow
InsideQC Staff

Post by scar3crow »

The tutorials assume that you are using id's progs106 quakec. CleanQuake will also work because it merely corrects a few warnings, and I can't think of a single tutorial that relies on the presence of the code that brings said warnings.

As far as compilers go, FrikQCC and FTEQCC are your best bets, others will work, but aren't nearly as good.