Pictures of us! aka the moustache thread :)

Discuss anything not covered by any of the other categories.
CocoT

Pictures of us! aka the moustache thread :)

Post by CocoT »

I was surfing on Quakeone earlier today and was amazed how its members easily share pictures of each other (and also pictures of their wife/husband, girlfriend/boyfriend, kids...) It's kind of cool and I'm wondering what is it about Q1 modding that makes many of us not so willing to do so. I'm a good example, never shared pictures of me (only shared, for while, pictures of busty japanese, as some will remember... hehe), I think I used to be a bit paranoid about the net and where my picture would end up. Pretty stupid when you think about it, I mean, what would people do with it? Photoshop me a moustache?
I have seen pictures of some you, I'm thinking about Tomaz, Scar, Tei, AJay or c0burn and probably a couple of others, but all in all there are still a lot of people I've never "seen" :P
In an effort to change that, I'm creating this thread and posting a link to a picture of me and my wife :)

http://www.quakeone.com/index.php?ind=g ... ow&ida=205

Oh, and if you surf this forum and your picture is already online, share the link with us, too! :)
Last edited by CocoT on Wed May 23, 2007 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RenegadeC

Post by RenegadeC »

first post
FrikaC
Site Admin

Re: Pictures of us!

Post by FrikaC »

CocoT wrote:I think I used to be a bit paranoid about the net and where my picture would end up. Pretty stupid when you think about it, I mean, what would people do with it? Photoshop me a moustache?

bwhaha
CocoT

Post by CocoT »

Hehe, I knew this was going to happen :)
Actually, the moustache does not look too bad on me! ... I kind of look like a Belgian versian of Zorro, though...
FrikaC
Site Admin

Post by FrikaC »

I grabbed it out of a photo of Tom Selleck.
scar3crow
InsideQC Staff

Post by scar3crow »

http://photos-901.ak.facebook.com/ip002 ... 1_7744.jpg

Even though you've all probably seen pictures of me before, nonetheless, there I am! With my girlfriend Cate who I will eventually convert to Quake.

I know where to find a pic of FrikaC actually...
FrikaC
Site Admin

Post by FrikaC »

Quake Matt

Post by Quake Matt »

Wow, scar3crow, you look a lot like me! Same hair and glasses, at least.

If I can find a photo where I'm not dressed up as a ninja, I'll post it. Unless you want to see me as a ninja, that is.
FrikaC
Site Admin

Post by FrikaC »

QuakeMatt: Your head is depicted in your avatar.
CocoT

Post by CocoT »

From what I can see from of that avatar, it is true that you guys do seem to look a little bit alike! It's hard to say, though.
Even though I know I'm going to sound cheesy, I have to say I love that pic of you and Cate, Scar, you guys look super cute. Good luck with converting Cate to a Quake player. If it helps, tell her my wife had never played shooters before and now she plays UT and likes it. Quake is still a little too fast for her, but it's a question of time and practice, I guess. Oh, and I think that, somehow, she didn't like the idea of killing me, even virtually (it's a girl thing, I think), so starting with team games and be on her team helped (her kick-ass scores showed that she felt way less guilty killing bots, hehe) :)
And Tom Selleck was one of my role model when I was a little kid, it's great! (I loved the way he moved his eyebrows at the end of Magnum's intro)
Cool pictures, photoshopped moustaches... I love this thread! :)
Megazoid

Post by Megazoid »

I thought I would post here to allay fears that I am some kind of obsessive Quake nut.

FrikaC
Site Admin

Post by FrikaC »

Green mustache?
scar3crow
InsideQC Staff

Post by scar3crow »

Coco - I discovered she plays Elite Force actually, albeit on her laptop. She watched me playing Quake dm once and said it made her dizzy (but it was a crazy intense dm, lots of midair juggling and shafting).

Green moustaches are hip.

QuakeMatt - You didn't do an inside3d news submission for the new Gyro! Adulterer!
leileilol

Post by leileilol »

i thought oompa loompas only had them i was wrong
Quake Matt

Post by Quake Matt »

QuakeMatt - You didn't do an inside3d news submission for the new Gyro! Adulterer!
Wait, I'm allowed to make news posts here too? When'd that happen?

And, yeah, that picture's too small to really see what I look like. Unfortunately, I'm wearing unflattering facial hair in all my recent pics, which simply won't do! After all, how can anyone Photoshop me a moustache if I've already got one?