DirectQ II

Discuss programming topics for the various GPL'd game engine sources.
frag.machine

Re: DirectQ II

Post by frag.machine »

Heh, speaking of old stuff... I just gave a second look at my quake stuff folders and found this:
mh wrote:MHQuake Code Archives
=====================

This is a selection of old MHQuake engine sources that I found while searching through some archives for other stuff. Some of
the code in here dates back to the year 2000, but the bulk of it is from the years 2004 to 2007.

While most of what I released back in the old days can still be obtained in some shape or form (check out the Quaddicted
archives), almost everything in here is previously unreleased. Look on it as an over-the-shoulder snapshot at the creative
process of someone who didn't really have a clue what he was doing at the time. :)

If some of the code here looks stupid the most likely explanation is that it is stupid.

NONE OF THESE ARE SUPPORTED BY ME IN ANY WAY. You are completely on your own with them, so PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't ask
me for help if you do manage to successfully compile and run one (and may Shub-Niggurath eat your brains for that) and it
crashes or otherwise behaves weird. By their nature they are unfinished works, but you might find an interesting nugget or
two in there.

Likewise don't ask me to explain any of what I was doing or what I was thinking back then. Assume that the answer will be
"I don't remember" and move on. ;)

In keeping with the spirit of the thing, I haven't bothered even compiling these to see if they still build OK, never mind
testing them to see if they run OK. Here be dragons. Abandon hope all ye who enter. Etc.

I have however cleaned up the files and directories a little by removing .ncb, .obj, .suo, etc files. I've also removed a lot
of the .libs and SDK files, which are commonly available elsewhere (check the original Quake source release by ID for many
of these). If you're trying to build one of these and it kicks and screams about a missing library, it should be self-evident
what you need to do.

Everything in here is - even if not explicitly stated - covered by the GNU GPL version 2, except in cases where another
license is in effect. Support the Quake community and don't rip off the work of engine coders who freely give their time and
effort.

MH - 2010-08-18
Inside this big .zip file there is an unversioned MHQuake II folder with sources last changed June 2nd 2006. Guess this is the oldest available at this point.

Next weekend I'll setup a GitHub repo and upload what remains from my project to this as a start point.
I know FrikaC made a cgi-bin version of the quakec interpreter once and wrote part of his website in QuakeC :) (LordHavoc)
revelator

Post by revelator »

second link worked, odd :s
Productivity is a state of mind.
revelator

Post by revelator »

a git repo sounds fantastic :)
mh

Post by mh »

That code archive is still on Quaketastic too: http://www.quaketastic.com/files/tools/ ... rchive.zip
We had the power, we had the space, we had a sense of time and place
We knew the words, we knew the score, we knew what we were fighting for
revelator

Post by revelator »

Think i still got the source for your old project using the Q1 engine for Q2 as well if its missing from public sources.
Think its from around the time of mhglqr6 if i remember correctly.