What are you working on?

Discuss anything not covered by any of the other categories.
Barnes

Re: What are you working on?

Post by Barnes »

oh yes, shells looked not good, i'm know....
Spirit

Post by Spirit »

Julius wrote:Would it be ok to add a FTEQW specific sub-section? I think that engine really needs a place to document all the nice features, but without a proper website or a github we are pretty much stuck with this forum and other scattered sources here and there.
Go crazy. The wiki can only get better, whatever people actively contribute to it will improve it. :)
Improve Quaddicted, send me a pull request: https://github.com/SpiritQuaddicted/Quaddicted-reviews
Julius

Post by Julius »

Spirit wrote:
Julius wrote:Would it be ok to add a FTEQW specific sub-section? I think that engine really needs a place to document all the nice features, but without a proper website or a github we are pretty much stuck with this forum and other scattered sources here and there.
Go crazy. The wiki can only get better, whatever people actively contribute to it will improve it. :)
Ok cool. But how can you add a section to the side menu? It seems to be not possible to edit that as a user.
Domus

Post by Domus »

A noob model (mess in progress), which would eventually and hopefully end up as something usable in Quake. Figured my first should be a female. Maybe I should have started out with a gun.

toneddu2000

Post by toneddu2000 »

I like her suit. It reminds a little MDK game. Player face is also cute! Proportions seem ok, good work! How many tris?
Plus a female player would be too cool in Quake! :)
Meadow Fun!! - my first commercial game, made with FTEQW game engine
Domus

Post by Domus »

toneddu2000 wrote:I like her suit. It reminds a little MDK game. Player face is also cute! Proportions seem ok, good work! How many tris?
Plus a female player would be too cool in Quake! :)
Thanks, I was half expecting a negative or no response. :D 736 tris total, so I will have to optimize it a bit, before it approaches propper territory. I'm still not completely sure what I'm doing, frankly. For example, is this kind of deformation possible with Vanilla Quake?
ceriux

Post by ceriux »

Everything should be possible mdl doesn't have bones. Animation blending would/will be hard though.
frag.machine

Post by frag.machine »

@Domus: great model, is it already in .mdl format ? 736 tris is alright for current Quake engines and hardware, but of course, if you manage to shave a couple vertices without screwing animations it won't hurt. Do you intend to create a new monster/enemy or a female player model ? Both are welcome additions, Quake always was severely in need of more variated models.
I know FrikaC made a cgi-bin version of the quakec interpreter once and wrote part of his website in QuakeC :) (LordHavoc)
Domus

Post by Domus »

ceriux wrote:Everything should be possible mdl doesn't have bones. Animation blending would/will be hard though.
Thanks for the heads up. Can I pm you to ask some questions?
frag.machine wrote:@Domus: great model, is it already in .mdl format ? 736 tris is alright for current Quake engines and hardware, but of course, if you manage to shave a couple vertices without screwing animations it won't hurt. Do you intend to create a new monster/enemy or a female player model ? Both are welcome additions, Quake always was severely in need of more variated models.
Thanks. It isn't yet, still studying the format and various constraints, before I dare venture into that. The model is intended to be a monster, but can be reworked. I'm just starting out, so it's made with learning as a goal. Can I pm you as well?
frag.machine

Post by frag.machine »

Sure, I'll be glad to help.
I know FrikaC made a cgi-bin version of the quakec interpreter once and wrote part of his website in QuakeC :) (LordHavoc)
ceriux

Post by ceriux »

@domus yeah i work 7 days a week currently so i might not be able to reply quickly
Barnes

Post by Barnes »

toneddu2000

Post by toneddu2000 »

very good Barnes!
On side note: usual mail notification from this forum this time arrived in spam folder. Anyone happened the same?
Meadow Fun!! - my first commercial game, made with FTEQW game engine
Barnes

Post by Barnes »

I do not know...
I just go to the forum 1-2 times a day