VM bug bugging me plenty

Discuss programming topics for the various GPL'd game engine sources.
revelator

VM bug bugging me plenty

Post by revelator »

This is a somewhat old problem with my engine when playing rogue.

illegible server message service 80 last service fastupdate.

I have no idea what this refers to but id like it fixed if possible :S

The VM used is from bengt jardrups enhanced glquake which in turn seems to have been based on the VM from darkplaces.
Theres loads of bug checking code hooked up to pretty much any edict so im a bit stunned that it crashes with standard mission packs like rogue and hipnotic,
while it runs huge motherloads like marcher without any errors :shock:

Sadly im no guru in regards to QC so im really really lost on how to fix this :( i been trying for days now.

If someone can lend me hand getting this to work as it should i can finally release the source code for public consumption, well i could release it anyway but i would feel better not releasing something that does not quite work.
Productivity is a state of mind.
Spike

Re: VM bug bugging me plenty

Post by Spike »

cl_shownet 2 might give you more info
revelator

Post by revelator »

Might help me fix rogue thanks :) hipnotic hard crashes though so i doubt ill get any message before it goes boom.
revelator

Post by revelator »

Holy fucking hell :evil:

Code: Select all

// don;t do * models (their data comes from the world)
		// the check here was wrong since it's inception, it was set to only allow '*' models and not the other way around Oo
		if(ISTURBTEX(mod->name))
		{
			continue;
		}
in two places of all things :shock: its been like that since i took over the code (not the code fragment above, thats the fixed version), well this was what caused the lightmapped water bug and also screwed me over in places where i had no idea this would be the culprit. I guess MH had a sleepy day when he wrote it :lol: .
revelator

Post by revelator »

Ok got hipnotic running, but it turned out to be a bug in the code for the doors :shock:
At some point i implemented avirox rotating brush model support as pr the tutorial here,
but something seems to have gone amiss breaking hipnotic doors.
Not sure how hipnotic implements the func rotate on doors "bitfields ?" but now they go invisible when viewed front up,
and only a tiny part of the door is visible when vieved from the sides (opening mechanism) the door itself is completely invisible.

The rogue error is indeed a network error, still hunting that one.