moving

Discuss anything not covered by any of the other categories.
revelator

moving

Post by revelator »

About to move to the countryside :) i will probably not have any network connection for a short while, but i will be back.
Productivity is a state of mind.
qbism

Re: moving

Post by qbism »

Good luck, hope you get a good ISP. :lol:
revelator

Post by revelator »

trying to get my current isp with me :) but lets see.

And thanks.
revelator

Post by revelator »

Back again :) took a lot less time than feared to get a new isp.
Baker

Post by Baker »

Good luck ;)

I think of you every time I think of threading --- because of the terrific work you did on the pthreads build :biggrin:

I also keep thinking about the fix you posted related to DirectInput (something about the COM handshake, if I recall). I really, really need to use that sometime with MinGW.
The night is young. How else can I annoy the world before sunsrise? 8) Inquisitive minds want to know ! And if they don't -- well like that ever has stopped me before ..
revelator

Post by revelator »

Thanks Baker :) im enjoying the quiet here on the countryside, my old flat was turning into a placeholder for a disco :S.

Started updating my codeblocks based environment again, allthough i reverted to a more standard mingw64 build which no longer defaults to static linking, it does come with a new thread model that in time will replace the problematic posix thread emulation in winpthreads.

New gcc needs getting used to though since it now defaults to c++14 and uses SSE math by default, so older code WILL break unless the user either ports it or uses appropriate compiler switches to get around the new defaults.
toneddu2000

Post by toneddu2000 »

revelator wrote:Thanks Baker :) im enjoying the quiet here on the countryside, my old flat was turning into a placeholder for a disco :S.
So envious right now! I love countryside too! :biggrin:
Unfortunately here in Italy, where there's a lot of nature, there's practically no internet :biggrin: Hope you the best, man! I really liked your work on C::B
Meadow Fun!! - my first commercial game, made with FTEQW game engine
Barnes

Post by Barnes »

As I understand you. I have more than thirty years he lived in the city of 11 million. But for more than 5 years living in 40 kilometers away. Forest, nature, is simply charming)
revelator

Post by revelator »

Been enjoying my little otium here in the countryside :cool:

With all the crap i went through over the last years, the peace and quiet are a godsend :mrgreen:

Even started doing a little work again :shock: though im far from the times i pushed in years past.

My codeblocks environment unfortunatly got so big over the years that it would be impossible to upload (more than 350 GB of tools and libraries ouch). But if anyone want to try it out i can possibly set up an ftp server where you can get it, it might take days to download though...

Has working blender ogre irrlicht and cegui so its ready for some prime time game making :cool:
Also has pretty much any image library out there and pretty much all audio libraries as well.
Also has ffmpeg with any codec you can think of, even the obscure a52 and schroedinger codecs.
Python with pretty much any tool you can imagine, the package builder now uses meson for most
tools that rely on glib or gtk.

Also in contrast to the standard one from Msys2 my environment can do PDF using miktex and autotools.

One gripe is expat which in the newer versions bitch about me using SGML for docbook. Im not going to change it since it works with miktex, so i had to hack the expat build a little.