PCem

Discuss anything not covered by any of the other categories.
mankrip

Re: PCem

Post by mankrip »

leileilol is just hot tempered. But she's highly intelligent and contributed a lot to the Quake community.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh mankrip Hell's end wgah'nagl fhtagn.
==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==
Dev blog / Twitter / YouTube
revelator

Post by revelator »

Who doesnt like a woman with spirit ;)
Productivity is a state of mind.
revelator

Post by revelator »

Had a look at pcem-x and the code is quite sound though it still needs work which is understandable.

From the "drama" section phun intended ;) im actually happy that someone who seems to have grown up in an environment where copyright seems to be king is actually going over to the open source side and shares his work.

Still a lot of bugs to be squashed but as long as we keep sharing fixes it will get somewhere :)
hogsy

Post by hogsy »

revelator wrote:Who doesnt like a woman with spirit ;)
I thought leileilol was a dude?
Spirit

Post by Spirit »

Doesn't matter, this is not a place to gossip over people's personal lifes.
Improve Quaddicted, send me a pull request: https://github.com/SpiritQuaddicted/Quaddicted-reviews
revelator

Post by revelator »

Agree, its a coders forum after all :) lets keep it at that.

Besides avatars dont give much info on the person behind, as for me my first name is ralph guess the rest ;)
revelator

Post by revelator »

Hmm PCem-X seems to drop out support for some of the problematic bios mods but latest one has configurable networking atleast.
Not sure why the 430vx mod was dropped ? it has some small problems but works rather well with windows 98, also its the only one of them that supports cpu's bigger than the 486 models.
revelator

Post by revelator »

Hmm noticed that battler changed the 430vx bin which explains why it would not load that one.
Got it working again but im having a few problems with it mainly that it hangs rather often, like when installing windows 98.

Also something rather weird with the new 430 bios, it shows the cpu as a 486-dx2 at 25 mhz Oo while the emulator itself shows the correct cpu.
revelator

Post by revelator »

Ok tinkered a bit with the optimization settings since it was loading a ton of settings that only work if the code uses SSE in some form, and it runs somewhat better now. network still not going but i suspect that i have to install the wpcap tunnel driver ?.