[paid position] Hard surface sculpting artist needed

Discuss the creation of various model formats for Quake engines, and related matters to modeling.
toneddu2000

[paid position] Hard surface sculpting artist needed

Post by toneddu2000 »

I'm creating a commercial project and I'd need a talented 3d sculpting artist who has a lot of experience with high poly hard surface modeling technique.

This is a paid position. I can't cover you with gold, of course, because I'm creating this project all by myself, using my last savings just to create a demo to show to some game industry, but I'll try to pay you in a decent way, I promise! :D
Infact I was thinking about a dual payment system: a first rate, paid imediately after job is done and another 15% royalty of net product of the first game sale year.

I need many high res models, all of them will be based on sketches I've already done.
I will need some characters models and a bunch of architectural level props. I don't need low poly models. Just high res sculpted ones. You can use as many software you want (ZBrush, 3dCoat, MudBox...), as long as the final exported model is sent in a obj and fbx format. High res Models should be covered with shaders and textures but, if you can't do this, we can talk about it.

Send me a pm with your questions and how do you charge (hourly or by model) or just reply in this thread for general questions. If the price is affordable to me, you'll be contacted.

Modelers of the world... pm me if you're interested!

Thanks
Meadow Fun!! - my first commercial game, made with FTEQW game engine
frag.machine

Re: [paid position] Hard surface sculpting artist needed

Post by frag.machine »

I'd suggest you to check turbosquid.com, either for a professional for hire or for ready to use high poly models.
I know FrikaC made a cgi-bin version of the quakec interpreter once and wrote part of his website in QuakeC :) (LordHavoc)
toneddu2000

Post by toneddu2000 »

thanks frag.machine but, for the "ready to use high poly models" part, I'd say NO because models MUST be based on my sketches(it's imperative).
For the "hire a professional part", may be (I didn't even know it was possible to hire a professional on TurboSquid I must say) but I always loved inside3d community and I thought that here I could find some artist willing to emerge and to show his/her talent. I'm also contacting dozens of 3d artists in these days but 98% of time the reply is always the same: "I don't have time, I only work for big companies, I can't do it" :shock:

So, that 's why I posted also here!

Even if you guys think you're just learning 3d sculpting techniques, don't be shy..so am I with game programming! :lol:
goldenboy

Post by goldenboy »

You might want to post this at the polycount job board.

I'm confused because you originally say "a lot of experience with high poly hard surface modelling" but then go on to say the opposite later.
toneddu2000

Post by toneddu2000 »

yes, gb that might sound a little confusing but I was trying to give even zbrush newbie artists a chance. There are lots of talented guys that maybe started using zbrush 1 year ago (and maybe collected already some awesome works with hard modeling technique) but they don't feel skilled enough to reply to an announce like this.

I'll follow your advice I'll post a thread at polycount forums too, thanks