sikkmod (quake 4)

Discuss programming topics for any language, any source base. If it is programming related but doesn't fit in one of the below categories, it goes here.
franqutrass

sikkmod (quake 4)

Post by franqutrass »

Hello, I'm trying to compile the sikkmod source code but it seems to be incomplete, because when I load the mod it doesn't work, I'm using the sikkmod "sikkmod-lite_v1.2-Q4_src", and when I try to open a map that I created it crashes, please if anyone could help me.
hello
revelator

Re: sikkmod (quake 4)

Post by revelator »

You need to add a few files to the project from the sikkmod sources.
Force_Grab.cpp is one of them but been a while since i toyed with it so i need to check which other files need to go in.
Ill post back soon when im certain.
Productivity is a state of mind.
franqutrass

Post by franqutrass »

thanks, I'll wait, you're talking about the (sikkmod) source code, aren't you?
hello
revelator

Post by revelator »

you're talking about the (sikkmod) source code, aren't you?
yes :) sikkpin over at doom3world can probably help you more with specifics, though he sometimes visits here as well.
revelator

Post by revelator »

Hmm come to mind im not sure the Doom3 sikkmod sources Work without modification with Quake4, think ill have to PM sikkpin about that one.
franqutrass

Post by franqutrass »

that's what I think it changes (sikkmod source code) for quake 4, because when I compile it, nothing changes, it supposes that it adds new effects to the game but with that code (sikkmod-lite_v1.2-Q4_src) it doesn't, what else do I need to make it work, do I need to add something else? or what?
hello
revelator

Post by revelator »

For Doom3 you need to add Force_Grab.cpp and Grabber.cpp the expansion d3xp allready includes one of them.
Quake4 uses a different protocol though so best bet is trying to get a hold on sikkpin and ask him how he made the game dll.
Btw you need to open game000.pk4 with a zip program and replace the dll inside it with the one you compiled else it would get overwritten by sikkmods own dll when starting the game. (make a backup copy of the pk4 just in case something breaks though). You need to do this every time you make changes to the game dll.
franqutrass

Post by franqutrass »

I'm trying almost everything, but it's not working, better I ask sikkpin, perhaps you have his e-mail address or something like that.
hello
revelator

Post by revelator »

Dont have his email and doom3world seems to be Down atm, but try the darkmod forums, he seems to visit there sometimes as well.