What are you working on?

Discuss anything not covered by any of the other categories.
sock

Pale Blue Dot

Post by sock »

Switched to a night time lighting system instead ...
Well he was evil, but he did build a lot of roads. - Gogglor
SusanMDK

Re: What are you working on?

Post by SusanMDK »

sock: Cool! Also the wooden stairs look kind of thin. Also the new shot looks awesome, like the blue sky and the arches.

--

Some flying monster. I'll probably make the tail spike longer, and try something else for the spike arm...
zbang!
Supa

Post by Supa »

@Supa: yay, QuakeC highlight for Notepad++! Can you make the definitions file available for us ? I started creating one but is far from completion...
I'm afraid I don't really have much to share, since I'm just using NP++'s C lexer with QC's typewords added in. But eh, okay, here's the relevant stylers.xml block anyway:

Code: Select all

<LexerType name="c" desc="C" ext="qc h">
            <WordsStyle name="PREPROCESSOR" styleID="9" fgColor="00FFFF" bgColor="FF0000" fontName="" fontStyle="0" fontSize="" />
            <WordsStyle name="DEFAULT" styleID="11" fgColor="00FFFF" bgColor="000080" fontName="" fontStyle="0" fontSize="" />
            <WordsStyle name="INSTRUCTION WORD" styleID="5" fgColor="FF80FF" bgColor="000080" fontName="" fontStyle="1" fontSize="" keywordClass="instre1" />
            <WordsStyle name="TYPE WORD" styleID="16" fgColor="FF00FF" bgColor="000080" fontName="" fontStyle="1" fontSize="" keywordClass="type1">vector entity string</WordsStyle>
            <WordsStyle name="NUMBER" styleID="4" fgColor="00FF80" bgColor="000080" fontName="" fontStyle="0" fontSize="" />
            <WordsStyle name="STRING" styleID="6" fgColor="FF0080" bgColor="000080" fontName="" fontStyle="0" fontSize="" />
            <WordsStyle name="CHARACTER" styleID="7" fgColor="FF00FF" bgColor="000080" fontName="" fontStyle="0" fontSize="" />
            <WordsStyle name="OPERATOR" styleID="10" fgColor="FF8040" bgColor="000080" fontName="" fontStyle="1" fontSize="" />
            <WordsStyle name="VERBATIM" styleID="13" fgColor="000000" bgColor="000080" fontName="" fontStyle="0" fontSize="" />
            <WordsStyle name="REGEX" styleID="14" fgColor="000000" bgColor="000080" fontName="" fontStyle="1" fontSize="" />
            <WordsStyle name="COMMENT" styleID="1" fgColor="FF0080" bgColor="000080" fontName="Comic Sans MS" fontStyle="1" fontSize="9" />
            <WordsStyle name="COMMENT LINE" styleID="2" fgColor="FF0080" bgColor="000080" fontName="Comic Sans MS" fontStyle="1" fontSize="9" />
            <WordsStyle name="COMMENT DOC" styleID="3" fgColor="FF0080" bgColor="000080" fontName="Comic Sans MS" fontStyle="0" fontSize="9" />
            <WordsStyle name="COMMENT LINE DOC" styleID="15" fgColor="FF0080" bgColor="000080" fontName="Comic Sans MS" fontStyle="0" fontSize="9" />
            <WordsStyle name="COMMENT DOC KEYWORD" styleID="17" fgColor="FF0080" bgColor="000080" fontName="Comic Sans MS" fontStyle="0" fontSize="9" />
            <WordsStyle name="COMMENT DOC KEYWORD ERROR" styleID="18" fgColor="FF0080" bgColor="000080" fontName="Comic Sans MS" fontStyle="0" fontSize="9" />
        </LexerType>
You'll maybe probably definitely want to poke at the colours if you're not using an SGI blue variant colourset like I am. Also, comic sans, I know. Comic Saaaaaaaaans. :D
aut viam inveniam aut faciam
Nahuel

Re: Pale Blue Dot

Post by Nahuel »

sock wrote:Switched to a night time lighting system instead ...
Your work is awesome, I really can feel the warmth which emit the lights in contrast with the dark sky, great work :)
hi, I am nahuel, I love quake and qc.
r00k

Post by r00k »

^^what he said!!!

Everything ties together makes for a stealthy environment!
goldenboy

Post by goldenboy »

Nice stuff Sock.

Pretty cool monster, Jim. Rather good low-poly modeling, nice mesh flow.
Electro

Post by Electro »

wow nice work guys!

I've been working on this, it's progressed more since this pic.. but you get the idea.

http://www.reflexfps.net/
Benjamin Darling
http://www.bendarling.net/

Reflex - In development competitive arena fps combining modern tech with the speed, precision and freedom of 90's shooters.
goldenboy

Post by goldenboy »

Great looking model Electro.
SusanMDK

Post by SusanMDK »

Electro: Cool robot model, would be nice to see a full shot of it.

---

Here's ingame shot of the monster.. think it kinda turned more robotic looking, but it's probably kind of unavoidable with the modeling/texturing style I'm using. Also tried the edge split/sharp on it. Suppose I could try it on the player too.

zbang!
ceriux

Post by ceriux »

jim that new model looks awesome ingame!
Spike

Post by Spike »

Electro wrote:I've been working on this, it's progressed more since this pic..
does that mean its textured now? :P
that said, it works even without, in a plasticy kind of way.
Dr. Shadowborg
InsideQC Staff

Post by Dr. Shadowborg »

@ goldenboy - As soon as I have something I feel is worth showing off! :wink:

@ sock - Those maps are beautiful. :D I now feel too embarrased to post any mapshots of my own. :oops:

@ Jim - The lower right hand shot reminds me of Directive Solbrain / Shatterhand's robot assistant. :shock:

@ Electro - You haven't been building any death robots for world conquest have you? :wink:
Electro

Post by Electro »

jim: nice work! you can see a full view of the concept on the facebook page, I'll show a full view of the model once it's textured :) (which will be soon Spike! :) )

Dr. Shadowborg: maaaaybe ;)

goldenboy: cheers!!
Benjamin Darling
http://www.bendarling.net/

Reflex - In development competitive arena fps combining modern tech with the speed, precision and freedom of 90's shooters.
SusanMDK

Post by SusanMDK »

Oh, I don't know how to use facebook :)

Started working on another monster... Was thinking I'd make one more after this and have all 3 ingame as single pose placeholders. Then progress into animating them.
Doesn't have weapons yet, and don't know what it will have, or if I'll just change the hands into weapons. Maybe some other changes too. It's 1000 tris.

zbang!
leileilol

Post by leileilol »

i should not be here