What are you working on?

Discuss anything not covered by any of the other categories.
leileilol

Re: What are you working on?

Post by leileilol »

My only suggestion would be an icosphere for the top dome instead of an uvsphere...
i should not be here
scar3crow
InsideQC Staff

Post by scar3crow »

Not at all in any way Quake related, but it was a bit of a personal milestone - this is what I've been working on: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecsCrOEYl7c

(Yes, I know, I'm only QA, but I feel like I contributed, and it did get me in the credits).
...and all around me was the chaos of battle and the reek of running blood.... and for the first time in my life I knew true happiness.
leileilol

Post by leileilol »

EDIT: Nevermind
i should not be here
Spirit

Post by Spirit »

Switched my work-in-progress Fileplanet (public) archive frontend's backend from sqlite to postgres and got a 10x increase in speed. This makes it actually usable.

https://www.quaddicted.com/stuff/temp/f ... ame=yeehaw
https://www.quaddicted.com/stuff/temp/f ... ion/quake/

Still WIP but feel free to heavily use it for yourself. Please don't publish it further.
The details pages are still slow.
Improve Quaddicted, send me a pull request: https://github.com/SpiritQuaddicted/Quaddicted-reviews
toneddu2000

Post by toneddu2000 »

to scar3crow: What is QA? Quality Assistance? Do you work at Crytek? And with which tasks?
Wow congrats bro!
Meadow Fun!! - my first commercial game, made with FTEQW game engine
Dr. Shadowborg
InsideQC Staff

Post by Dr. Shadowborg »

Spike wrote:for known models (vanilla v_ ones, other than the axe).
enabling it in a universal way is far too dangerous/unreliable as they each need their own threshold value to stop things being too buggy, would just be too glitchy otherwise. if you've an extra/custom model I can hack it in easily enough.
I did some experimenting, the only HS v_weapon model that had any trouble was the gunblade's melee anim, renamed it to v_nail2 (v_nail is used by the plasmagun) and that fixed it. Everything else looks GTG. Thanks again! :D
goldenboy

Post by goldenboy »

DRS update your blog dammit! :mrgreen:
scar3crow
InsideQC Staff

Post by scar3crow »

toneddu2000 - Quality Assurance. I work with a QA vendor, we get a wide variety of customers. I managed testers on the multiplayer component.
...and all around me was the chaos of battle and the reek of running blood.... and for the first time in my life I knew true happiness.
toneddu2000

Post by toneddu2000 »

scar3crow wrote:toneddu2000 - Quality Assurance. I work with a QA vendor, we get a wide variety of customers. I managed testers on the multiplayer component.
Cool. Since 90's, videogame industry become larger and more articulated and now there is the need of roles like this like any other industry
Meadow Fun!! - my first commercial game, made with FTEQW game engine
SusanMDK

Post by SusanMDK »

Figured out what made my game have some stupid lags. First I suspected the randomized/respawning monsters, but that wasn't it, they were made from perfectly recycled materials. I had some projectiles that were never removed. Sometimes they'd just fly out of the level, or just get stuck in midair. I think the projectiles that flied out of the level did the bullet impact effects, so I thought they were destroyed. The respawning monsters just made the projectile issue appear, since I shot more stuff.

Also sorted out a problem with the sword not hitting walls in newer DarkPlaces builds.
zbang!
sock

Post by sock »

Another map in progress ...
@scar3crow, congrats on the release of Ryse for the xbox :)
Well he was evil, but he did build a lot of roads. - Gogglor
hogsy

Post by hogsy »

ceriux

Post by ceriux »

sock that map looks too good =)
Supa

Post by Supa »

Oh hey, we're posting editor shots again? Cool. :D

Sorry, the next teaser is still going to be a ways away. :|
aut viam inveniam aut faciam
frag.machine

Post by frag.machine »

@sock: as usual, another fine map.
@Supa: yay, QuakeC highlight for Notepad++! Can you make the definitions file available for us ? I started creating one but is far from completion...
I know FrikaC made a cgi-bin version of the quakec interpreter once and wrote part of his website in QuakeC :) (LordHavoc)