What are you working on?

Discuss anything not covered by any of the other categories.
Squirt

Re: What are you working on?

Post by Squirt »

leilei that looks awesome.
sock

Post by sock »

frag.machine wrote:Delphi + OpenGL = ph00n
Wow that looks awesome, please tell me that is an application you plan to release!?! :D
I am so fed up using Qme with its crappy interface and no UNDO!
I don't suppose you are open to adding any new features to that app?
Well he was evil, but he did build a lot of roads. - Gogglor
ceriux

Post by ceriux »

sock wrote:
frag.machine wrote:Delphi + OpenGL = ph00n
Wow that looks awesome, please tell me that is an application you plan to release!?! :D
I am so fed up using Qme with its crappy interface and no UNDO!
I don't suppose you are open to adding any new features to that app?

you use qme for making models o.O? insane, i couldnt do it. all i use qme for is small edits and maybe to import a skin or something.
frag.machine

Post by frag.machine »

@leileilol: yup, I hope so :) The texture padding is made when uploading to OpenGL texture (for viewing only), the original texture is preserved (but a "make texture OpenGL friendly" option would be trivial to add).
@sock: yes, I plan to release it when the minimal feature set is implemented and stable enough (0.0.1-SNAPSHOT isn't exactly "stable" :P). About adding features: all I can say is I can sure hear requests, but no promises though - a full featured editor is fairly more complicated than a simple viewer, specially when the target audience is used to things far sophisticated like Blender, 3DStudio and such.

Right now, it's just an OpenGL based .mdl viewer. It is already better than QuArK 4.07:
- supports framegroups and skingroups;
- allows opening up to 32 models at once;
- don't crash randomly, at least in the 2 machines I tested it so far.

Yeah, my main goal is to support *AT LEAST* .mdl, .md2, .md3 and to combine the best features from QuArK, QME and StudioMDL, but I reckon it's a long, bumpy road to that.
Next in the list is .md2 support (which hopefully will be easier now that .mdl is mastered), and while I'm there I'll take a good look at Daikatana models.

"But but but... Why Delphi ?!" Well I had to unrust my mad Pascalz skillz due some legacy projects at work, and I already had something started back then, so I said to myself: "hell, why not ?". :D

When the viewer part is complete (and the code clean enough to not embarass me) I'll release it, probably under GPL v3. When it's done, but not in Valve time (I hope :P ).
I know FrikaC made a cgi-bin version of the quakec interpreter once and wrote part of his website in QuakeC :) (LordHavoc)
goldenboy

Post by goldenboy »

ceriux

Post by ceriux »

that stuff does look pretty sexy =p
goldenboy

Post by goldenboy »

I'm looking for people who want to help with it, too. PM me if interested.
leileilol

Post by leileilol »

i should not be here
jitspoe

Post by jitspoe »

After a short break of becoming Cowboy Batman, I'm back on Paintball2 AI.

I did a quick experiment last night where I took my input and applied it to the bots. It was really unnerving, actually. Imagine being in a hall of mirrors, but surrounded by people doing exactly what you do instead of reflections.

My plan is to build up paths around the maps using recorded player movements, so the bots will move like players do and be able to access paths with trick jumps and such.
leileilol

Post by leileilol »

I should probably explain my sexy screenshot

I am writing a GLSL shader to mimic how 3dfx Voodoo2 filtered the image. So far it does:

- Dirty inaccurate dither pattern
- Color reduction to 16bpp
- "scanlines"
- Rudimentary inaccurate 4x1 filter with lots of edge ringing (back to 32bpp at that point)

Currently for Darkplaces and OpenArena at the moment, I have plans for some shader for some postprocessing wrapper dll out there.... I really want to play Glide wrapper stuff in this! And DX11 games....

EDIT: Yep, reached that stage of the postprocess adventure
i should not be here
Spirit

Post by Spirit »

That kind of shaders are awesome for http://www.libretro.com/
Improve Quaddicted, send me a pull request: https://github.com/SpiritQuaddicted/Quaddicted-reviews
jitspoe

Post by jitspoe »

Oh, man, I absolutely despised the look of the Voodoo renders... software rendering looked better!
leileilol

Post by leileilol »

Here's the shader itself (for EFX+SweetFX, which requires some manual tinkering with main.h to add them to the passes)
http://leileilol.mancubus.net/shaders/cg/leifx_reduct.h
http://leileilol.mancubus.net/shaders/cg/leifx_filter.h

What I really need to do is the 2x2 box filter. I have a very rudimentary one in already and it doesn't look properly compared to the real thing.

The motivation of this shader is really in the name of preservation - the forced DAC filters are a nostalgic thing many love their Voodoos for (since it often was the quality placebo when compared to those other 'darker' 3d cards with 'grainy' 16-bit color output) and I hope it gets improved with a greater degree of accuracy some day.
I haven't even fully reverse engineered what the DAC does either, it's all guesswork from just visually guessing between two screenshots of Quake2, and an old Voodoo Banshee shot of OA.

@Spirit: RetroArch looks shadergasmically interesting though I can't see where a 3dfx filter could apply (no console used it (Dreamcast almost did), though several arcade machines have). Its TyrQuake-based Quake core is software rendered, in C, and seems useless since hitting the Escape menu just quits RetroArch entirely :(

EDIT: Updated with a 4-pass method which is much better
i should not be here
scar3crow
InsideQC Staff

Post by scar3crow »

Well now that I've got the Facing Worlds music stuck in my head for the rest of the night...
...and all around me was the chaos of battle and the reek of running blood.... and for the first time in my life I knew true happiness.
ceriux

Post by ceriux »

map im working on in tb