Where do my codes go?

Discuss programming topics for any language, any source base. If it is programming related but doesn't fit in one of the below categories, it goes here.
mofu23

Where do my codes go?

Post by mofu23 »

I have recently made a chasecam for kurok a few days ago.(correctly, i hope). But i have no idea where to place any of the c files. Please help.
-Omar
Baker

Re: Where do my codes go?

Post by Baker »

mofu23 wrote:I have recently made a chasecam for kurok a few days ago.(correctly, i hope). But i have no idea where to place any of the c files. Please help.
-Omar
progs.src is the file that lists the source files. Kurok's "C" files are actually .qc files he renamed to C so he could use them with Visual Studio or Dev C++ or something. They are really .qc files ... i.e. QuakeC files.
The night is young. How else can I annoy the world before sunsrise? 8) Inquisitive minds want to know ! And if they don't -- well like that ever has stopped me before ..
mofu23

Post by mofu23 »

Baker wrote:progs.src is the file that lists the source files. Kurok's "C" files are actually .qc files he renamed to C so he could use them with Visual Studio or Dev C++ or something. They are really .qc files ... i.e. QuakeC files.
So i place i here or make a new one?
r00k

Post by r00k »

you place the ACTUAL mynewfile.qc into the same folder with all your other quakeC files. i find it kinda funky when i see projects with all theses silly subfolders with just 1 file in them as if anyone else is gonna care about the clarity.

if your new chasecam code references any existing functions in other files, its best to place the chasecam.c reference UNDER those files, in progs.src
or else you are gonna have alot of prototypes, (defines for external functions).