last version of C::B Advanced

Discuss anything not covered by any of the other categories.
revelator

Re: last version of C::B Advanced

Post by revelator »

3 days later ... because my back acted up i started porting texlive to mingw 64 to kill time (no sleep) well something good did come out of it cause i now have a fully working tex package for it :)
biggest bitch to get working was icu zomg that thing took some hacking about.

icu is included as well as a windows build of texinfo so now you can create any documentation you like on both win32 and win64 with full unicode support.
texinfo depends on libiconv and gettext so be sure to have these, texlive is standalone though.

im going to upload the packages soon source + binaries.
Productivity is a state of mind.
revelator

Post by revelator »

basic unicode patch submitted to the mingw guys :) also did a bit more work on the bitch and added terminal server langinfo and strtoll + strtoull from cygwin 1.5.
tested heavily for multibyte capability and it seems to work like a charm though most of the unicode functionality is actually exports from mingws libraries with unicode console output added to msys.
i guess i just made some chinese guys real happy hehe. Next on todo list is fixing the f")I?=()¤ mmap function, it seems rather intent on pissing me off :S especially with dll based packages.
revelator

Post by revelator »

Huge bugger noted.

I started upgrading my environment for gcc-4.8.0 in anticipation of the seh support in it but Building quake related stuff with it is utterly impossible or rather it builds and when run crashes with stack allocation errors :S. DO NOT USE atm. Debugger cant tell me anything usefull unfortunatly or can anyone here parse ()? errors on stack :P
revelator

Post by revelator »

About to roll out my NeXT big update of my compiler suite.

Slightly less massive this time :).

Gcc-4.8.1 32 and 64 bit builds with SEH exceptions supported by the 64 bit version.
Removed a lot of hackish stuff which i later found out not worked quite correctly due to using a posix emulation library only availiable for 32 bit mingw (gnuwin).
Posix tools now reside in Msys and only there.

Removed the abundance off libraries and ports i had in my compilers since users might want to roll there own patches it would be rather fubar to have there Work overwritten by my hacks :S.
Python now finally Works as it should with MinGW MinGW32 and MinGW64 (version 2.7 32 and 64 bit builds).

Many tweaks and improvements to the layout Means this is probably my cleanest release yet.

Structure as follows -> posix tools now all reside in msys /usr and rely on the msys dll but besides exposing some usefull commands that certain MinGW tools can take advantage of,
they are not a requirement of the software built (netpbm & utah raster toolkit etc.).

/usr/local holds tools like cmake 7z and Gui's ffor some Tools like the GDB debugger and are usable with all architectures.

/MinGW The one that started it all. Good trusty compiler that handles most everyday Win32 Work but has an api that is a bit less complete than the MinGW64 port. Its by far the most stable though ;)
/MinGW32 32 bit offspring of the MinGW64 compiler. Actually ment for cross compiling but a few like me,
prefered to have a native version since its api is far more complete than MinGW's (especially the directx api). Older versions where sometimes a bitch to setup correctly, the newer ones have come pretty far though, and rival MinGW in regards to reliability.
/MinGW64 the 64 bit version off the above.

Only stable Windows related stuff in these buggers, its prefered to have librariy dependencies installed to a seperate directory so they dont pollute user Projects. /Opt is a good place and i provided many scripts
that show how to set paths for the compilers to pick them up. Put those scripts in /etc/profile.d and your golden :)

Small bugger. Well not a bug but my Codeblocks ide is rather old cause of some internal changes recently with there codebase the new ide now uses XML scripts to setup compiler support and i hadnt had the time
yet to mess around with it. No worries though it Works quite well :)

Uploading soon
revelator

Post by revelator »

About to upload.

Installer had some spring cleaning as well.
Now cleans up after itself (removes the configuration files codeblocks and lazarus put in %AppData%) on uninstall.
Sets up the FreePascal compiler dirs on install (fpcmkcfg).

https://sourceforge.net/projects/cbadvanced Will be in the CB Revelator Final Minimal folder in the files section.
revelator

Post by revelator »

Update incomming. So if you havent downloaded it yet wait a bit :)

Update will include the 64 bit version of Lazarus and fixed a small bugger with my python setup.
revelator

Post by revelator »

Uploaded fixed patchset for gcc-4.8.1 based on TDM's original.

Makes gcc support throwing exceptions from static builds and fixes a few Things.

its in the root on my site.
revelator

Post by revelator »

Update uploaded.

Last minute gcc-4.8.1 instead off 4.8.0. Should hopefully fix a few off the buggers 4.8.0 had.

Removed Lazarus Will be in a seperate Download.

Removed second gdb gui in /usr/local codeblocks allready has an ok debugger gui.

Fixed a few path related bugs in my MinGW pythons.

Updated w32api.

Same place as the last one :).
revelator

Post by revelator »

Urgh. Trying to fix msys old heap manager, for people looking for ugly hacks look no further its a mess in there :S

tons of boolean checks to make sure a dll is either forked or the runtime is initialized.
Butt ugly goto sequences to skip invalid parts in sbrk.
More boolean checks to take care of whatever the above misses oh... my... god...
Undefined behaviour by using an int as a boolean type without a default value (its newer false).

Well im certainly no guru but let someone WHO is take a look and tell me im wrong :lol:
revelator

Post by revelator »

Msys Heap manager updated some, still old but should be a Little more stable.
Ported Icu to msys.
updated all mingw compilers to gcc-4.8.1 release, will probably be the last gcc where mingw will have the mingw32 host tripple as the host triple defaults to i386 architecture which is no longer supported by gcc.
Had to use some hacks to actually build it this time by fooling the compiler to think that mingw32 was actually i686 hosted instead of i386 hosted.
Mingw64 does not have this problem as it allready uses the full host tripple :).
OpenSSL with SSH2 added to Mingw compilers. Atm only used by git for https parsing and mingws git cannot use https at all yet :( the git in mingw64 can though.
Updated pkg-config to latest in all compilers.
added glib2 to mingw64.

New build availiable on my site :)
revelator

Post by revelator »

Updated MinGW git with https support now :).
Posix Path cleanup.
Msvc cross compiling now supported via the msys Shell (run configure with option --build=i686-pc-win32 for msvc builds).
Msysdev compiler and binutils are now a seperate Dir so no mingling will occure where say mingw64 picks up the 32 bit binutils from msys and tries to use them.
Tex is a bit odd atm sometimes it Works sometimes not Oo. Trying to fix but the ammount of hackery needed to even get it compiling for msys is a lesson in patience.
revelator

Post by revelator »

Tex fixed as much as possible (was my mingw based python overwriting the posix based python from msys. Not a problem as such but the mingw based version lacks the python based doc tools for tex so... yeah it broke doc builds sheesh) do not use the python script in profile.d if Building gcc with docs.

After a lot of patching i have a working stlport for MinGW64 and after even more patching ... i now have boost compiled against it as well as a native version of boost.

Compiler wise im not going to add much more now its allready a freakin big compiler :twisted:

Ill be uploading the new build soon.
revelator

Post by revelator »

Cleaned up the beast some more and added a few nice tools.

MinGW64 compilers now support both boost (latest) and stlport (latest).
Cuda added. (took a bit of hacking around no support for nvcc as its msvc only, libs Work though).
OpenCL added.
Catgets added.
Python moved from optional dirs to the compiler dirs (fixed tex bug).
ICU support (all mingw/msys compilers).
Wrappers for terminal tools like midnight commander and lynx added.
Msys updated heavily now extremely stable (supports WOW64 extentions).
My own port of dlfcn-win32 added (allows coders to skip converting to LoadLibrary calls if porting from Linux).
My own port of mmap (disabled by default because some source packages get confused due to having win32 workarounds) can find the headers and libraries in subdirs to lib and include named posix.
Latest gdb with python support, uses addr2lineui which will pop up compile errors at the exact line they happen if the source supports it (very usefull).
ln-windows in case you need NTFS hard or softlinks. The executable is named lnw.exe and is console only.
A gui version exist in the main dir called symlink creator.
Astyle gui. Quite nice but can only format one file at a time. Has a preview function so you can see the effect. For multiple formations use CodeBlocks gui.
SetPath.exe In case you need to add a path globally this Tool makes it a bit easier.
Git svn mercurial repo mangers nuff said.
Cmake + Gui version.
Msys compilers have been moved outside the main Msys dir to avoid MinGW compilers to pick them up by mistake.
Kerberos support added to Msys (extra security for Network operations).

Library compression support includes lzo2 lzma bzlib2 zlib zziplib.
Network curl idn ares ssh2 openssl nettle.
Unicode ICU libunicode.
Fonts freetype fontconfig libpaper ghostscript.
XML xml2 xslt.
Garbadge collector GC.
Assembler yasm nasm gas.
Regex Gnu Regex.
OpenGL GLUT SDL.

Packing is underway.
revelator

Post by revelator »

revelator

Post by revelator »

Been helping a bit on Open Watcom development :)
C++ support is still not complete but works quite ok now, "can build allmost the entire wxwidgets source" .
Compiler now has a native 64 bit compiler path for really large projects.
Helped fix a few buggers in the C headers, and the ide help menu is now working again (has been broken for several releases).

Can follow development status here https://github.com/open-watcom/open-watcom-v2 also links there for current beta builds.