Registering on the Inside3D Forums

Important information from InsideQC staff and news post discussion threads.
revelator

Re: Registering on the Inside3D Forums

Post by revelator »

yep also spotted another though he hasnt posted the ammount that this one has yet.
Productivity is a state of mind.
scar3crow
InsideQC Staff

Post by scar3crow »

As agreed upon by Error and myself due to very bad recent rash of spambots, registration is temporarily disabled.
...and all around me was the chaos of battle and the reek of running blood.... and for the first time in my life I knew true happiness.
Error
InsideQC Staff

Post by Error »

Sorry for any inconvenience that this may cause, but it was a necessity . If you are trying to register, please bare with us. Hopefully this won't take long. In the mean time, you can visit us in IRC. (link on the frontpage)
revelator

Post by revelator »

i dont think anyone is going to raise an issue about the admins protecting the site :)
scar3crow
InsideQC Staff

Post by scar3crow »

Registration briefly re-opened as a test to see how many spambots register in the brief opening. I see we have what appears to be at least one legitimate registration (unless the bots are just getting really quite good) since it was opened back up.
...and all around me was the chaos of battle and the reek of running blood.... and for the first time in my life I knew true happiness.
ceriux

Post by ceriux »

i thought we already have an internet id? wouldn't that be your ipaddress?
Spike

Post by Spike »

your ip is generally not unique to you. its also not a constant.
revelator

Post by revelator »

only constant that would be atleast somewhat reliable would be mac adresses but even those are not 100% fake free :/ for instance i got a mainboard with a changeable mac.
so yup spikes right again :)
Spirit

Post by Spirit »

MAC addresses do not travel further than the first hop/router.
Improve Quaddicted, send me a pull request: https://github.com/SpiritQuaddicted/Quaddicted-reviews
revelator

Post by revelator »

indeed and thank god for that :) a malicius intruder could do some very nasty stuff if he knew your MAC :mrgreen:
Spike

Post by Spike »

many ipv6 addresses contain the user's mac address. particuarly auto-configured ones. its part of ietf rfcs and everything. anyone on your lan will know your mac anyway, including coffee shops and other wifi connections.
there's no real technical harm in others knowing your mac address, certainly no more harm than them knowing your email address.
windows ignores the rfcs and doesn't generate standard ipv6 autoconf addresses, but like I say, its for tracking/social reasons rather than technical reasons.
Ace12GA

Post by Ace12GA »

revelator

Post by revelator »

thinking in the terms of mac spoofing where someone masks the sites mac address and that way is able to snap every password entered etc. i wont give pointers to how you do it but it is possible.

Was wondering if the activity might be ACTA related since it does not fly well in a lot of countries. Wonder though why attack a site like this ? most coders hate ACTA allready :mrgreen:
Jukki

Post by Jukki »

reckless wrote:thinking in the terms of mac spoofing where someone masks the sites mac address and that way is able to snap every password entered etc. i wont give pointers to how you do it but it is possible.

Was wondering if the activity might be ACTA related since it does not fly well in a lot of countries. Wonder though why attack a site like this ? most coders hate ACTA allready :mrgreen:

whaat? you guys dont like acta, i like it alot. (not)
Baker

Post by Baker »

Someone said they couldn't register here. I guess registration is still closed then.
Cardinal wrote:Registration appears to be closed at inside3d, I'll take a look at noesis though.

http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-mod-re ... ing-2.html
The night is young. How else can I annoy the world before sunsrise? 8) Inquisitive minds want to know ! And if they don't -- well like that ever has stopped me before ..