Modeller Wanter (Is this allowed?)

Discuss the creation of various model formats for Quake engines, and related matters to modeling.
sniperz227

Re: Modeller Wanter (Is this allowed?)

Post by sniperz227 »

thommoboy wrote:lack of dedication? i let rage die because
1: psp cannot handle massive maps (quake engine)
2: negative feedback
and
3: i was a noob :P
yes the psp cannot handle big maps so why not make em smaller ? and 2. you got negative feedback because u ripped code, took a model n slapped an image from google on not even properly uved n called it your own game
thommoboy

Post by thommoboy »

i didn't rip it a asked a friend to model it but he obviously took the short way
thommoboy

Post by thommoboy »

sniperz227 wrote:
and
yes the psp cannot handle big maps so why not make em smaller ? and 2. you got negative feedback because u ripped code, took a model n slapped an image from google on not even properly uved n called it your own game
yeah it was my first project for quake space i am asking people then remodeling the code to be my own i will also be making original models(based on the characters) and same with weapons
DusterdooSmock

Post by DusterdooSmock »

and
The PSP can EASILY handle big maps, your mappers just have to know what they're doing. And as for negative feedback, it only happened because you didn't take the time to plan your game out carefully, and learn how to do it right. Leileilol was right, most people do not admit to being a noob, everyone was a noob at some point, but we all get better. My advice to you would be before you start your next mod, take some time to properly learn how to do the aspect of game designing that appeals the most to you, then try to find some people to help you BEFORE you announce the game. Tell them what your plans are, and give an appropriate time frame for each person's job. And, you might just build yourself a team. Only THEN, would it be a good idea to publicly announce a mod (When you actually have a team that is capable of performing what you intend to do with the mod).
sniperz227

Post by sniperz227 »

dusterdoo is completely right i mean i remember making the moddb page after 1 month of modeling and mapping. i remember mexicouger telling me that i shouldn't and people wouldn't look down on me for this and surely i didn't listen and they did. But what i didnt do is give up on the project i might have gone and asked people for code or models but after i got shutout by many i learned that i cant depend on other ppl to do my shit so i got my act together and learned how to basically do everything in quake modding it was a bitch but the joy of seeing something you created on your own is unexplainable
thommoboy

Post by thommoboy »

thanks guys thats why i haven't added anything to the indiedb page im taking my time on this project making it as good as i can
sniperz227

Post by sniperz227 »

thommoboy wrote:thanks guys thats why i haven't added anything to the indiedb page im taking my time on this project making it as good as i can
thats good but you shoulda done that before so when you get progress done and open the page and show it people dont think your a noob for quiting enraged and opening a new game
DukeInstinct

Post by DukeInstinct »

thommoboy wrote:he obviously took the short way
And you don't?
sniperz227

Post by sniperz227 »

DukeInstinct wrote:
thommoboy wrote:he obviously took the short way
And you don't?
SHIT son he got you there
Jukki

Post by Jukki »

why not just ask someone to make the game for you directly? Because that's what you are basically trying to do :/
hogsy

Post by hogsy »

Or why not just give up completely since it's pretty clear you're incapable of doing anything yourself.
DusterdooSmock

Post by DusterdooSmock »

hogsy wrote:Or why not just give up completely since it's pretty clear you're incapable of doing anything yourself.
+1 to Hogsy.
thommoboy

Post by thommoboy »

oh yeah ill give up and end up nothing like you :evil:
dr_mabuse

Post by dr_mabuse »

GREAT!!!

Whit this behavior you will get even more friends hand ppl who can help you!!

BRAVO!!
sniperz227

Post by sniperz227 »

thommoboy wrote:oh yeah ill give up and end up nothing like you :evil:
I Dont think redesigning a whole engine is giving up btw dusters probably one of the best qc coders in the psp scene...