QuakeForge 0.5.99 Beta 1 Released

Discuss anything not covered by any of the other categories.
taniwha

QuakeForge 0.5.99 Beta 1 Released

Post by taniwha »

After a very long break (too long), I'm very pleased to announce the release of QuakeForge 0.5.99 Beta 1 (will become 0.6 when out of beta).

Details
Download (sorry about the snow less painful.).
Documentation

Known issues:
  • Windows: alt-tab when paused doesn't release the mouse (but does when not paused)
  • Teleport splash hard to see. Try setting r_particles_nearclip to around 16 (r_particles_style 0 might be of interest, too).
  • No "loading" plaque: already fixed in git.
  • No help with F1.
[edit]Thanks to scar3crow for the testing.
Leave others their otherness.
http://quakeforge.net/
hogsy

Re: QuakeForge 0.5.99 Beta 1 Released

Post by hogsy »

Sweet I'll be sure to check this out when I get home, sounds like you've done a lot of work :wink:
szo

Post by szo »

taniwha wrote:After a very long break (too long), I'm very pleased to announce the release of QuakeForge 0.5.99 Beta 1 (will become 0.6 when out of beta).
**Very** nice seeing quakeforge making a new release.

Haven't run-tested anything, but one thing I noticed in the source is that the net layer uses int socket fds: if you intend win64 compatibility you need to switch to some sys_socket_t or similar, which is still int for unix but SOCKET for windows targets, see quakespasm or uhexen2.

Thanks for quakeforge, it has always been my #1 reference for portability.
taniwha

Post by taniwha »

szo wrote: Haven't run-tested anything, but one thing I noticed in the source is that the net layer uses int socket fds: if you intend win64 compatibility you need to switch to some sys_socket_t or similar, which is still int for unix but SOCKET for windows targets, see quakespasm or uhexen2.
Ah, thank you! I'll look into it.
Thanks for quakeforge, it has always been my #1 reference for portability.
Cool :)
Leave others their otherness.
http://quakeforge.net/