FTE movement problem

Discuss anything not covered by any of the other categories.
UFIA

FTE movement problem

Post by UFIA »

I can't move forward and strafe at the same time in FTE 4467. Anyone heard about this or know of a way I can fix it? Very strange indeed.
Spike

Re: FTE movement problem

Post by Spike »

fte supports different binds based upon modifier keys. if you have lower-case w for +forward and you bound upper-case W to something else, then pressing shift+w will give different outcomes.
'unbind w' will remove all modifiers and stuff, while the bind command will equally bind all modifiers by default, while the menu does not support binding by modifiers and will bind all modifiers of any pressed keys.
otherwise, I cannot fathom how FTE would be any different from any other engine.

Note that most keyboards do not support pressing multiple keys/various key combinations at once due to their wiring. You probably can't press more than 5 keys in a row at once. You can see this in notepad too - press too many and it'll not notice the last key that is pressed at all, but autorepeat the previous one that was pressed. The exact key combinations vary from keyboard to keyboard, but most should be fine with various combinations of wasd, or the cursor keys. This is not specific to the software in any way, and all programs on your machine will be affected equally.
UFIA

Re: FTE movement problem

Post by UFIA »

I used unbindall and bound the keys by hand but it still doesn't work right.