Crisys 2 Scalability Patch (c2sp)

Non-technical talk about multiplayer and singleplayer gameplay and game design.
s87

Crisys 2 Scalability Patch (c2sp)

Post by s87 »

Which shooters are better? Old school or Next-Gen-Übergraphical ones?

I think that's the wrong question, the right one would be: is it possible to port the gameplay of modern shooters to classic ones (like Unre.... ehm Quake)? And how about making fun of them by the way?

The idea behind c2sp is getting some Crysis/Crysis 2 gameplay on Quake, but let the images talk: http://bit.ly/gtcXRG

Planned features:
  • Tactical Display/Revised HUD (hardcoded instead of Flash :shock:!)
  • Micro Suit: A parody of the Nano suit, see the link above. Instead of maxing out player abilities it minimizes player obstacles (MAXIMUM Speed -> MINIMUM Realism, MAXIMUM Armor -> MINIMAL Skill)
  • Improved AI (at least reach the level of Crysis 2 :lol: )
  • AI conversation system (smalltalk)
  • Improved intercom (for pseudomissions)
Now I'm looking for some support in terms of art... anyone who has experience with modeling, 2D art (textures, HUD) or mapping (and knows the limitations/bottlenecks of Quake and can handle the formats) or wants to help out with scripting/programming (I just started with Quake development a couple of days back but it's pretty straightforwards, have to see not to neglect my other CE2 based project) is invited: crisys2scalabilitypatch@gmail.com

If the thing turns out well we may put it up on Desura as (noncommercial) Indie game.

The maxed version of the game would contain around 3 fire weapons, a knife (models), adjusted enemy skins and one or two maps (that resemble remotely the Crysis ones).

The typo in "Crisys" is intentional :D
Last edited by s87 on Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Quake based Crysis 2 Parody: YouTube
CryEngine 2 project: open Outcast
Waiting for CryEngine 3 SDK...
Baker

Post by Baker »

Looks like you have some interesting ideas there.

Watched teh video.

*Some* of the answers to your questions might be buried around in the forum. In fact, I think FrikaC certainly created the Artificial Intelligence forum subsection to isolate AI stuff there.
The night is young. How else can I annoy the world before sunsrise? 8) Inquisitive minds want to know ! And if they don't -- well like that ever has stopped me before ..
ceriux

Post by ceriux »

would be cool if you could hide in the shadows even with the micro suit off.
s87

Post by s87 »

The little project was on halt for a while now, I should find some time during August though - expect some updates by the end of the month 8)
Quake based Crysis 2 Parody: YouTube
CryEngine 2 project: open Outcast
Waiting for CryEngine 3 SDK...