What are you working on?

Discuss anything not covered by any of the other categories.
r00k

Post by r00k »

Make the gibs come back to life and chase the player around and jump at 'em ;) Nothing like a Dead monster head bittin your arse!
It always gives me the creeps when I shoot a monster and it turns into 10 little creepy crawlies... hmm what game was that?
Dr. Shadowborg
InsideQC Staff

Post by Dr. Shadowborg »

Better yet, make an Arch-Vile type monster that is relatively weak normally, but turns corpses / gibs into projectiles to attack the player with.

/me imagines killing all the monsters in a room, then suddenly the GibMaster teleports in giving the player just enough time to go "oh shit!" and then gets killed by a dozen gibs all converging on his position from different locations at the same time :twisted:

And / or he casts some spell that sucks in gibs and corpses into a swirling mass right above his head and then he chucks the giant fleshball at you. :twisted:

Could probably even make him a semi-boss monster by sticking him in a room with gib fountains or something.
frag.machine

Post by frag.machine »

Dr. Shadowborg wrote:Better yet, make an Arch-Vile type monster that is relatively weak normally, but turns corpses / gibs into projectiles to attack the player with.

/me imagines killing all the monsters in a room, then suddenly the GibMaster teleports in giving the player just enough time to go "oh shit!" and then gets killed by a dozen gibs all converging on his position from different locations at the same time :twisted:

And / or he casts some spell that sucks in gibs and corpses into a swirling mass right above his head and then he chucks the giant fleshball at you. :twisted:

Could probably even make him a semi-boss monster by sticking him in a room with gib fountains or something.

Heh, my monster pack released in one of the QExpos had an archvile-healer monster (don't remember the name I used to it, uses the trog.mdl). Feel free to scavenger the included source code, it was a real SOB to defeat. :)
I know FrikaC made a cgi-bin version of the quakec interpreter once and wrote part of his website in QuakeC :) (LordHavoc)
ajay

Post by ajay »

Have successfully broken earthQuake compatibility with everything but Darkplaces, there may well be skin/coding solutions to drag it back to FitzQuake, I'm keeping a log of all the problem stuff. May fix later.
Dr. Shadowborg
InsideQC Staff

Post by Dr. Shadowborg »

Bit of an update on my DSTrek side project:

http://tlb.slipgateconstruct.com/PICS/m ... S_Test.png

Yes it's not finished yet. But this is a screenshot taken while using an emulator.

Note I've made some sprites for Vor'cha, Bird of Prey, D-13, Prometheus, Intrepid, and Akira.

I tried to do the Sovereign, but that thing is too damn long for me to make one that actually looks right within the constraints of 16x16 pixels, so I decided not to use it. Besides, a little fanship tweaking of the Prometheus into a non-multi vector attack mode PMV variant should be more than enough to cover what the Sov would offer anyway... (i.e. just give it a Sovereign style undersaucer torpedo turret and put something like the "All Good Things" Galaxy Dreadnought Heavy Phaser Cannon where the original pulse-fire QT launcher is and it should be good to go for the "balanced" type Super Cruiser upgrade)

I must admit, I'm having a blast making sprites and learning what works with this little project.
Entar

Post by Entar »

Where is that music from? It's quite good, I wonder if I can get my hands on that :D
leileilol

Post by leileilol »

i should not be here
qbism

Post by qbism »

Entar wrote:
Where is that music from? It's quite good, I wonder if I can get my hands on that :D
Sounds similar to http://youtu.be/jyyJ2EbZvaY and change voice bite to "This isn't piracy, it's archeology!"
ajay

Post by ajay »

I'm currently work on spooky_fx.qc :)
c0burn

Post by c0burn »

Not quake related! Honing my old school 2d skills, working pretty much perfectly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNjPf_UIIno
frag.machine

Post by frag.machine »

Now you need sentries and a maniac onipotent computer.
Oh, and a girl model, too.
I know FrikaC made a cgi-bin version of the quakec interpreter once and wrote part of his website in QuakeC :) (LordHavoc)
Lardarse

Post by Lardarse »

Currently working on a tutorial for QExpo that will, among other things, explain how to make monsters use coffee_move()
Roaming status: Testing and documentation
Baker

Post by Baker »

Lardarse wrote:make monsters use coffee_move()
???
The night is young. How else can I annoy the world before sunsrise? 8) Inquisitive minds want to know ! And if they don't -- well like that ever has stopped me before ..
silverjoel

Post by silverjoel »

Baker wrote:
Lardarse wrote:make monsters use coffee_move()
???
It is a navigation routine of the tutor bot by coffee, hence coffee_move.

http://www.quakewiki.net/archives/aicafe/tutor.htm