What are you working on?

Discuss anything not covered by any of the other categories.
Chip

Post by Chip »

Damn!... :?
QuakeWiki
getButterfly - WordPress Support Services
Roo Holidays

Fear not the dark, but what the dark hides.
MasterSplinter

Post by MasterSplinter »

I've been working with ZTurtleMan upon getting this new game going:

IOQuake3 engine... inspired by TMNT and Sonic Robo Blast 2.

We currently have a dedicated Dark Places server: DPMaster.SplinterTown.org

Image Image Image
Dr. Shadowborg
InsideQC Staff

Post by Dr. Shadowborg »

Nearly done making graphic assets for my DSTrek project. (this is using a modified quake palette incidentally)

http://tlb.quakedev.com/PICS/misc/lower ... lesize.png

Note the LCARS-ish style. This is because TOS and TMP-eras rarely give enough computer interface screenshots to work off of.

This is a mockup of what the lower screen would look like, along with the completed sprites. (yes, I intend to make use of touch screen. Displayed on the SRS area are Enterprise, Klingon, Starbase, Klingon Base, Star, Destroyed Star, Black Hole, Nebula, Photon torpedo, Quantum torpedo, Plasma torpedo, and five different planets.)

Going to be working on the upper screen mockup next, the galaxy chart will normally be on the upper screen, when you have the warp / data dialogs up, the galaxy chart and SRS will swap positions for ease of selecting where you want to go. SRS movement is done by simply touching the stylus on where you want to go.

Also note BEAMS tab instead of Phasers. This is for later enhanced versions where you can use non-Starfleet ships. (Vor'cha attack cruiser anybody? :twisted: )
Nahuel

Post by Nahuel »

leileilol wrote:OOPS! Oops

.........oops.

Lilith's next.
:shock: :shock:
It´s Great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hi, I am nahuel, I love quake and qc.
Urre

Post by Urre »

I feel bad for not doing any Quake stuff anymore, but I still feel like this is my home so I want to show off stuff I've been working on to you guys although it's not Quake related. Quake is still in my heart though, and we had another previous Quake mapper on this as well, so it kind of counts? :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HCD97njZxw

It's weird in a way to post in this thread considering it's out, but I can't really talk about stuff like this until, well, it's out...
I was once a Quake modder
Downsider

Post by Downsider »

Urre wrote:I feel bad for not doing any Quake stuff anymore, but I still feel like this is my home so I want to show off stuff I've been working on to you guys although it's not Quake related. Quake is still in my heart though, and we had another previous Quake mapper on this as well, so it kind of counts? :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HCD97njZxw

It's weird in a way to post in this thread considering it's out, but I can't really talk about stuff like this until, well, it's out...
You made those maps?
frag.machine

Post by frag.machine »

Dont' feel bad at all, Urre. Personally, I'm very happy to see some Quake veterans being well succeeded in the industry. :)
I know FrikaC made a cgi-bin version of the quakec interpreter once and wrote part of his website in QuakeC :) (LordHavoc)
leileilol

Post by leileilol »

You got paid to combine evile... with evil?!

(i don't like Portal or The Ball :()
i should not be here
Urre

Post by Urre »

No we didn't get paid, I'm attending a game-dev school and managed to get a spot on the team making this together with another classmate, meanwhile the rest of the class did level design theory, so yay!

Downsider: I was one of the level designers (did some scripting too), we were 5 level designers, 7 in total with the programmer and modeler. Considering the old-school style approach we had at making it I guess I should call it mapping rather than level design :)
I was once a Quake modder
dreadlorde

Post by dreadlorde »

That looks pretty awesome, Urre. I loved Portal and The Ball. I'll have to check this Potato Sack out.
Ken Thompson wrote:One of my most productive days was throwing away 1000 lines of code.
Get off my lawn!
goldenboy

Post by goldenboy »

Stuff.
negke

Post by negke »

Black torches. gb or mh fix required.

Urre: awesome stuff!
frag.machine

Post by frag.machine »

Ohh, e1m2rmq... Are these dead bodies solid and/or gibbable ?
I know FrikaC made a cgi-bin version of the quakec interpreter once and wrote part of his website in QuakeC :) (LordHavoc)
Downsider

Post by Downsider »

Urre wrote:No we didn't get paid, I'm attending a game-dev school and managed to get a spot on the team making this together with another classmate, meanwhile the rest of the class did level design theory, so yay!

Downsider: I was one of the level designers (did some scripting too), we were 5 level designers, 7 in total with the programmer and modeler. Considering the old-school style approach we had at making it I guess I should call it mapping rather than level design :)
Very cool. I like the way Portal looks on Unreal. Good job, mate, I might actually pick up The Ball just to see what Portal looks like on UE3 now. Consider yourself a useful asset to their marketing department.
goldenboy

Post by goldenboy »

Frag machine: They're dead NPCs.

RMQ has no gibbable bodies atm. Yet?