Question about DarkPlaces

Discuss anything not covered by any of the other categories.
sevenx

Question about DarkPlaces

Post by sevenx »

I have error in compile process, i try to compile with MVC 2006 , MVC 2008 , MVC 2010 and i have errors with all these. Then, i try to compile with MinGW , but i can't find how compile .dsw format with MinGW . Because , i see next error : "Cannot open include file: 'SDL.h': No such file or directory".

Then, i did this tutorial http://lazyfoo.net/SDL_tutorials/lesson ... /index.php and i do it in MVC 2005 , and in the end of compile ,i see many errors .

Can anybody explain, how correctly compile darkplaces ?
Spike

Post by Spike »

try installing the dependancies.
ie: sdl
sevenx

Post by sevenx »

i have installed sdl and i still see errors.
Baker

Post by Baker »

On Windows there is the regular [aka non-SDL] build. Why not try building that one? It doesn't need libsdl.

One thing you can do on Windows, start a command prompt [cmd.exe obvious] and navigate to the DarkPlaces source folder. Type "make" and then the DarkPlaces script asks you what to build and then select one of the options that doesn't have "SDL" in the name.

That being said, if you are using DarkPlaces you don't really need engine modification as the engine is designed to do most of the stuff that requires engine modification via a myriad of other methods.
The night is young. How else can I annoy the world before sunsrise? 8) Inquisitive minds want to know ! And if they don't -- well like that ever has stopped me before ..
sevenx

Post by sevenx »

I understand . Thank for help.