HeXen II retexturing project

Discuss anything not covered by any of the other categories.
Baker

Post by Baker »

Admittedly, I haven't played Hexen II and really have no familiarity with the modified Hexen 2 engines.

But you might mention FTEQW with a link in all your pimping of the new texture set if that is the best engine to use the texture set with.

/Congrats to your pimping. Pimping is important. Especially when it is done by someone other than the author, which lets the author do what they are doing instead of getting sidetracked.
The night is young. How else can I annoy the world before sunsrise? 8) Inquisitive minds want to know ! And if they don't -- well like that ever has stopped me before ..
Spike

Post by Spike »

texture packs are independant of engines.
I'm not aware of there being anything truely FTE-specific in it yet.
While I've fixed a lot of bugs recenty (many of them just omissions), its still lacking a lot of effects.
I am accepting FTE bug reports for hexen2 though... but only if the bug is in the wip branch. :)
Sickeningly enough, you're probably still better with HoT at this time if you just want to play the game single player. I've still gotta fix the remaining ommisions and basically polish off the effects a little (something I'm notoriously bad at!).
goldenboy

Post by goldenboy »

For only playing through the stock game, yeah, HOT does a great job. It doesn't support any external hi-res stuff though, which a few misguided players find desirable.

8)
Spike

Post by Spike »

it doesn't? blurgh.
UrbanKid

Hexen Ii

Post by UrbanKid »

Hexen II was a fun game except for the puzzles...i get headache playing it sometimes because of em puzzles i can't even pass the first level it keeps saying the bone of lorric or something like that i got the bone and i don't know how to use it....
frag.machine

Post by frag.machine »

I remember that part. A tip: once you got the bone, visit the mill.
I know FrikaC made a cgi-bin version of the quakec interpreter once and wrote part of his website in QuakeC :) (LordHavoc)