OrionTF beta

Discuss anything not covered by any of the other categories.
Orion

Post by Orion »

This wouldn't help, because the external visible weapon models match the player's angles, not v_angle.

But hey, this issue is "partially" fixed.
If you run a DP server and connect with a DP or FTE client this won't happen, but if you run a DP server and connect with a regular engine this will happen, but just set "temp1" to zero so visible weapons will be disabled.

See my last post, the latest version link is there. :)

But I'm gonna edit the 1st post also.
Team Xlink

Post by Team Xlink »

So does this mean, if our engine supports DP_SVNODRAWTOCLIENT and DP_SVDRAWONLYTOCLIENT, it won't work because it requires DP_CHECKEXTENSIONS?
Orion

Post by Orion »

If the engine support DP_SVNODRAWTOCLIENT and DP_SVDRAWONLYTOCLIENT, so it will surely support DP_CHECKEXTENSIONS.

Even the QIP fixed glquake support DP_CHECKEXTENSIONS...
Team Xlink

Post by Team Xlink »

It looks like I will be implementing DP_CHECKEXTENSIONS in the engine I'm using.

EDIT: I am just going to use the original version of OrionTF for now.

EDIT2: Nevermind, I am just disableing DP_CHECKEXTENSIONS.

Also, you do a fantastic job on this!
Orion

Post by Orion »

Or you can use FTE. :D
It works well, but the only problem on FTE is that the bot frags will always be zero on the scoreboard, but touches and caps are counted.

Soon I'll release a patch which includes a new class, the Psychic. :)
It's practically done, just need to do some more tests...

Also, is that a nice skin for a psychic? It's the only decent one I found here:

If somebody have a better psychic skin, with colorable clothes I'll thank you very much. Or maybe should I leave this one?
Biodude

Post by Biodude »

kinda looks more like a soldier then a psychic
frag.machine

Post by frag.machine »

Looks like Stalone in "Expendables" lol
It's a nice skin for a soldier-like class, but not for a psychic
I know FrikaC made a cgi-bin version of the quakec interpreter once and wrote part of his website in QuakeC :) (LordHavoc)
MeTcHsteekle

Post by MeTcHsteekle »

give him a moldy tie-die shirt splatted in blood and a pair of suspenders with one front strap broken and give him a pair of red cowboy boots and call him Kesey /jk

I can see the psychic part on the head with the Barret, sunglasses and mustache/beard combo; but there's something about the clothes that doesn't seem to fit right with psy, maybe the pants, or maybe it's just that the sirt will have the colors but right now it looks like olive-drab too much? or I'm thinking to hard
bah
Orion

Post by Orion »

Well I found a better skin at ReaperBot multiskin player.mdl, and it looks somewhat like a spy, with a colored suit (not black) and a cotton mask on the face. :wink:

First post updated with the new version, which I included the psychic class. :)
qbism

Post by qbism »

The feeling of an individual within a larger battle really comes across with the bots. Bots usually seem to group in 2 or 3, and clearly divide into offense/ defense roles. How much teamwork is actually coded into behavior?

I'm going to try adding draw/ nodrawtoclient in SW quake with Xlink's tutorial. http://forums.inside3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=2221 Skin height may be an issue but not hard to raise that limit.
Orion

Post by Orion »

Actually the only teamwork I've coded is medics healing teammates, and bots calling for nearby medics when injured.

The waypoint system I coded is rather simple, so the bots will always try to get the enemy flag. But you don't see all bots attacking at the same time because some take longer to get out of respawn rooms. Even snipers, hwguys and engineers will attack.

But I still think this would be better playing online. :wink:
qbism

Post by qbism »

Well I was fooled... on 2fort5 it always seemed a few bots, often w/ a med, would hang out on the wall shooting rockets at incoming enemies while others went for the flag. But yeah, also did see med going solo for flag. Just like some real online players! :wink:
UrbanKid

NICE

Post by UrbanKid »

hey i like your tf it is the best well...i can play it sad...my lappy broke when i fix my old lappy
Squirt

Post by Squirt »

Thanks a lot for sharing this orion! I just had 2 hours of fun on 2fort5, 2fort_32, bam4 and a few others. I have to say on the big open maps where it's easy to get the flag, your bots would benefit from defending the flag. They are also doing big weird jumps out of the water. Other than that they're very awesome!
How do I turn off the autoaiming? My rockets constantly go towards the bots' heads when I aim at their feet.
Orion

Post by Orion »

Did you see a 'Locked!" message at the center of your screen when you shoot the rocket at the bot's feet? If yes, then it will home at your target, that's why it will try to head at the target's torso. It happens when you're >600 units of distance to your target, and you have to aim at him for at least half a second, then the messase and a computer noise will be heard.

And yes, their water movement are pretty unrealistic... It's because they have trouble underwater...