Help?

Need help with a tutorial found on InsideQC.com? Post here.
UrbanKid

Help?

Post by UrbanKid »

How do i make a deathrun map for quake? can anyone teach me?
Teiman

Post by Teiman »

What is a "deathrun" run map?

My generic help is there, I can't be more specify because I don't know what deathrun is.

Hello dear sir or madam.

Wen doing a map for {insert mod name here} you need a list of the entities that the mod {insert mod name here}. That may include a special player start position /player deathmatch position / weapons / monsters.

Just make the map like you will do for {insert here the name of the game}, but use these special entities names and antributes.
UrbanKid

oh....

Post by UrbanKid »

sorry well i am trying to make a deathrun map[http://www.fpsbanana.com/mapcats/3796]
it is actually a counter strike map and i have been trying to do ti
i am using kurok for this. i know how to add those starting points but right now i need to know how do i map in quark?
Chip

Re: oh....

Post by Chip »

UrbanKid wrote:sorry well i am trying to make a deathrun map[http://www.fpsbanana.com/mapcats/3796]
it is actually a counter strike map and i have been trying to do ti
i am using kurok for this. i know how to add those starting points but right now i need to know how do i map in quark?
So your question is actually how to map in QuArK, right? It's pretty easy to do it. Just install QuArK and start adding cubes.

Have you any experience with level editors? Have you used other Quake level editors?
QuakeWiki
getButterfly - WordPress Support Services
Roo Holidays

Fear not the dark, but what the dark hides.
UrbanKid

no...

Post by UrbanKid »

sorry but no i have tried quark alot of times well i can't get a cube map to bsp when i first look at quark it looks easy so i tried to make a small map with cubes in it and i can't get it to be a bsp file
Chip

Re: no...

Post by Chip »

UrbanKid wrote:sorry but no i have tried quark alot of times well i can't get a cube map to bsp when i first look at quark it looks easy so i tried to make a small map with cubes in it and i can't get it to be a bsp file
You need to set up QuArK to compile a BSP map, by going into configuration settings and adding your compilers and your parameters. Try QuArK's homepage. They have a special help section, which is also downloadable.

Once you get the hang of it, you'll definitely like it. It only needs a solid configuration.
QuakeWiki
getButterfly - WordPress Support Services
Roo Holidays

Fear not the dark, but what the dark hides.
UrbanKid

sorry

Post by UrbanKid »

Nvm solved those but i done some things this is what happends to the shotgun when i press reload this thing comes out....
This is for csportable..coding problems