Quake Expo 2010?

Talk about the Quake Expo and Quake Speed events.
Spirit

Quake Expo 2010?

Post by Spirit »

I was hoping JPL would start asking around but he did not. So I do it instead. :)

What are your thoughts on a QExpo this year? Keep in mind that next year is Quake's 15th birthday, so we have to celebrate something then.

I do plan to do some things in the upcoming weeks which I could wait to release until summer time, so I would support one. The website should be spiced up though.

No Poll, because it would be useless.
Improve Quaddicted, send me a pull request: https://github.com/SpiritQuaddicted/Quaddicted-reviews
scar3crow
InsideQC Staff

Post by scar3crow »

I've discussed this with a few people, including Jehar, Sajt, LordHavoc, Lardarse, Error and [-z-], and I believe Jehar asked Quadz of Tastyspleen about hosting again, and iirc he said he would be up for that.

There was talk of delaying till next year because of the 15th anniversary, but we decided a year being divisible by 5 into whole numbers from a date of origin wasn't a good enough reason to delay.
...and all around me was the chaos of battle and the reek of running blood.... and for the first time in my life I knew true happiness.
ceriux

Post by ceriux »

so is it going to happen? if so i might do something for it. and if so when?
Chip

Post by Chip »

Hey guys, I'm available for hosting. That is, if QuakeExpo domain is not available.
QuakeWiki
getButterfly - WordPress Support Services
Roo Holidays

Fear not the dark, but what the dark hides.
Team Xlink

Post by Team Xlink »

I really want their to be a QuakeExpo 2010 because I want to participate.

It seems like fun and a good way to bring more out of the Quake community.
ceriux

Post by ceriux »

id also like to participate, i hope its soon so i can. im supposed to be leaving for my schooling soon.
metlslime

Post by metlslime »

I'll be there one day 1 to post the same Rubicon 2 screenshots i post at every qexpo.
negke

Post by negke »

xaGe

Post by xaGe »

..Hey negke what's with duke pasted on to that screen shot? lol
goldenboy

Post by goldenboy »

I believe I already said that RMQ would participate, with an SP-focused release, but I'll just repeat it.

Please not as early as July though. September or October would be better.
frag.machine

Post by frag.machine »

Well, if RealLife(tm) don't get in my way I believe I'll have something (maybe one playable level, more likely some in-game videos) from my unnamed mod to show in next QExpo.
I know FrikaC made a cgi-bin version of the quakec interpreter once and wrote part of his website in QuakeC :) (LordHavoc)
Chip

Post by Chip »

I might have something for the autumn, too, but I'm not sure as I'm getting married in September!

Feel free to pat me on the shoulder.
QuakeWiki
Roo Holidays

scar3crow
InsideQC Staff

Post by scar3crow »

According to Jehar it looks like Tastyspleen is willing to host again, which is very cool of them, as they already host some Quake servers (and a lot of Q2 servers).

The talks I am aware of are thinking early October perhaps, and its okay Chip, I got married on the first day of the 08 expo, and even though Jehar was hosting the expo, I made him attend the wedding ;)
...and all around me was the chaos of battle and the reek of running blood.... and for the first time in my life I knew true happiness.
Chip

Post by Chip »

scar3crow wrote:... its okay Chip, I got married on the first day of the 08 expo, and even though Jehar was hosting the expo, I made him attend the wedding ;)
:D
QuakeWiki
Roo Holidays

negke

Post by negke »

I'm all for a QExpo this year, even though I most likely won't have anything to release. Just make sure that, unlike last time, the event has a reasonable length (10 days at most) and proper/dedicated news writers right from the first day.
I also think the quakeexpo.com domain should be used somehow, at least as an archive and forwarding address.

xaGe: Rubicon 2 has pretty much become an internet meme by now... :wink: