Quake Expo 2009

Talk about the Quake Expo and Quake Speed events.

Quake Expo 2009?

Poll ended at Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:15 am

Yes!
48%
Verily I say unto thee, Yes!
19%
More yes than I can shake a quad at!
29%
You have to eat your vegetables, now do it!
5%

Total votes: 21

Chip

Post by Chip »

negke wrote:Oops, biennial.

Experience has shown that is takes more than a month to get enough people interested. I doubt there would be many booths if it were to take places this year. A handful of Quake things maybe, but certainly no considerable amount of Q2 or Q3 stuff (apart from mere advertising booths).
That's what I thought. You may be right, I know it's hard to spread the word online. I'll try to build a booth system for the next year and advertise it everywhere. This way, people will now that Quake Expo 2010 is going to happen on QuakeWiki.net.

Unless someone has a better idea.
QuakeWiki
getButterfly - WordPress Support Services
Roo Holidays

Fear not the dark, but what the dark hides.
negke

Post by negke »

You could use the old QE06/08 booth system, of course. It seemed simple but effective. I can't remember who created it in the first place, who to ask for permission and support.

No idea if it fits with a wiki, though.
Chip

Post by Chip »

It seems that 2006 was hosted by quakedev.com and 2008 by tastyspleen.net, both of them as a subdomain: qexpo.quakedev.com and qexpo.tastyspleen.net.

And it seems that quakeexpo.com domain is taken (by 2006 expo). Who is the owner of it? Anyone?
QuakeWiki
getButterfly - WordPress Support Services
Roo Holidays

Fear not the dark, but what the dark hides.
GiffE

Post by GiffE »

You mine aswell keep it every two years and do the next one in 2010.
Spirit

Post by Spirit »

QExpo needs to be announced at least 6 months in prior so negke can fully VIS his current map.
Improve Quaddicted, send me a pull request: https://github.com/SpiritQuaddicted/Quaddicted-reviews
scar3crow
InsideQC Staff

Post by scar3crow »

4 months for fast vis.
...and all around me was the chaos of battle and the reek of running blood.... and for the first time in my life I knew true happiness.
scar3crow
InsideQC Staff

Post by scar3crow »

QuakeExpo 06 booth system was coded by Sajt, Willis did some work off of it (I don't know how much) for the 08 expo. I believe Willis continued to do more work on the code base to make it more of a general booth system, to be useful for expos forthcoming.

Regarding domain ownership for QuakeExpo.com, I believe that is Echon... But I cannot say for sure.

Anything Tastyspleen is, afaik, owned by Quadz.
...and all around me was the chaos of battle and the reek of running blood.... and for the first time in my life I knew true happiness.