Tutorial Section

Important information from InsideQC staff and news post discussion threads.
FrikaC
Site Admin

Tutorial Section

Post by FrikaC »

I've moved the various tutorials posted by Baker et al into a new tutorial forum. Rather than sticky them, I thought this would be cleaner. Comments welcome.
Baker

Post by Baker »

Could you also move (and probably "sticky" both) the QuakeSrc.org Tutorials thing (link) plus the thread that discusses compiling in Visual Studio Express (link).

These guys should be moved into the tutorial section as well because they both explain how to do something (defacto tutorials).

(link) Compiling Quake on Mac OSX
(link) Skysphere tutorial by Reckless

Thanks for moving those to their own section, they kind of got in the way of good engine discussion threads. :D
Urre

Post by Urre »

Way cool :)
I was once a Quake modder
FrikaC
Site Admin

Post by FrikaC »

I don't feel comfortable stickyizing QuakeMatt's post on Visual Studio Express because the important info within that thread is not until like three posts in. If the thread was summarized and tutorialized a bit, I'd have no problems stickying that. As for the rest of that stuff, all done.
Baker

Post by Baker »

FrikaC wrote:f the thread was summarized and tutorialized a bit, I'd have no problems stickying that. As for the rest of that stuff, all done.
I wanted to do this due to the importance.

Visual Studio C++ Express Edition won't load on my Vista laptop, the installer crashes. :( I tried several different way to try to get it to install.