What you would be working on for QExpo 2008

Talk about the Quake Expo and Quake Speed events.
Urre

Post by Urre »

Worrysome? Seeing Jehars post made me very calm, felt like he had it under control. But it isn't?
I was once a Quake modder
motorsep

Post by motorsep »

We are working on Prophecy and that's what we would like to show at QuakeExpo 2008.
Btw, how can I book a booth for our game?

---
http://www.kot-in-action.com/prophecy.html
CocoT

Post by CocoT »

motorstep: Awesome stuff! :)
Neurotic Conversions - New location: Update your bookmarks!
motorsep

Post by motorsep »

Thank you! :)
negke

Post by negke »

NEWS NOW !
Urre

Post by Urre »

Wonder what's going on...
I was once a Quake modder
scar3crow
InsideQC Staff

Post by scar3crow »

Jehar just returned from QuakeCon last night, and spoke with Rich (or R1CH? Not Whitehouse, but the one from QuakeDev) about getting a mysql dump amongst other things so the tastyspleen host can be up to date. I think things may be a little delayed, but it still seems to be fairly on track.

This QExpo has seen some rather... unforeseeable setbacks, which thus far it has dealt with surprisingly well. Do not fear, though I do fear that I will not be able to contribute anything of substance this year...
Jehar

OFFICIAL PROGRESS UPDATE

Post by Jehar »

The site is live and running at qexpo.tastyspleen.net - news posts and old booths have been cleared, logins work, making new booths work, etc. There are still a lot of tiny niggles to sort out, but I'd say that the site is at 95% operation. Regarding Echon - even if he is now available and willing to help, I think it'd be best for everyone and a whole lot less stressful if we kept the hosting that tastyspleen (railwolf and quadz) have so graciously provided. They have truely saved our asses this year, and it'd be good if everyone recognizes that. Many people have jumped in during the final hours and have pulled off their own heroics, and the site is now working in the state it is because of these people. I'll provide more detail on these individuals when I can pay more attention to it and not accidentally skip anybody. So, on with the Plans:
August 8th - BOOTH REGISTRATION STARTS!
You're still allowed to futz around and put your booth in now, but be willing to encounter the odd bug every once in a while.
August 15th - QUAKE EXPO BEGINS!!
This will be the OFFICIAL opening date of all the booths - keep them private until then. For the intervening week, we want to see lots of people talking about quake expo, getting people on with their booths, and spreading the word as much as possible.

This year has been one of unfortunate absences, miscommunications, and some genuinely bad luck. But we're here. Hopefully you are too.
motorsep

Post by motorsep »

Do I need to do any special html magic to have my booth on Aug. 8th ? Or is it done via templates?
Jehar

Post by Jehar »

I'd give the booth process the My Grandma Could Do It seal - it's straightfoward php-based fill-in-the-blanks stuff, with enough flexibility to give you full html control over the booth. So come on in and get ready :D
GiffE

Post by GiffE »

Sry to be a citic about this but, you aren't going to have a new design for QExpo?
Its the same as last time.
Jehar

Post by Jehar »

Yes, that's on the agenda for this week. It'll be limited to some image replacements, mind you, since we've really run out of time for anything more elaborate this year. That, and all of the supposed web designers have gone awol, so you're stuck with me.
MeTcHsteekle

Post by MeTcHsteekle »

well,

if u run out of time and ant do much, atleast change the ...i think it was the FAQ page to be a bit more current :D
bah
LordHavoc

Post by LordHavoc »

QExpo 2008 is live, thanks to Jehar's late-night efforts at 2 AM, 4 hours before driving to scar3crow's wedding the same day (P.S. it was a great wedding, I also attended).

I also think Willis deserves thanks for pulling a few miracles out of his hat for QExpo 2008, he greatly improved the event system amongst other repairs and improvements on the PHP and database side of things.
leileilol

Post by leileilol »

nothing, oa 080 was a week ago so too late