A comparison of Quake Engines focused on Singleplayer

Discuss programming topics for the various GPL'd game engine sources.
frag.machine

Post by frag.machine »

Spirit: TBH I find this criteria questionable. You see, I can build a small room and crank more than 256 models in there. This would disqualify any engine not supporting different network protocols, regardless of the pointed bug in warpc.bsp. Is that what are you testing ? (not trying to say that is not a valid test; but then you're testing completely different things at the same time, and this could mislead people to think engine A or B is broken when in fact the reason for not running the map is another). That's my point, but again, it's just an observation.
I know FrikaC made a cgi-bin version of the quakec interpreter once and wrote part of his website in QuakeC :) (LordHavoc)
revelator

Post by revelator »

while talking about faithfull dont forget tochris/gltochris
albeit the code tree reads more like quake2.

its not directly a modders engine "gets very pissy about some qc vars"
:lol: it actually can be made to look very nice as shown in the example i uploaded in general.

heh and well tenebrae while it had its fair share of nasty hacks one thing was actually pretty good the scriptable particle system :wink:
revelator

Post by revelator »

while talking about faithfull dont forget tochris/gltochris
albeit the code tree reads more like quake2.

its not directly a modders engine "gets very pissy about some qc vars"
:lol: it actually can be made to look very nice as shown in the example i uploaded in general.

heh and well tenebrae while it had its fair share of nasty hacks one thing was actually pretty good the scriptable particle system :wink: