ioquake3 help

Discuss programming topics for any language, any source base. If it is programming related but doesn't fit in one of the below categories, it goes here.
el_rolas

ioquake3 help

Post by el_rolas »

well, i've downloaded ioquake3 source code a few days ago, I've started to make some modifications,I'm new to this, It is supossed that I've modify the main menu, inside menu, quake 3 copyright, and other stuff like adding ladders, changin colors etc, then I've compiled the source code with Visual Studio 2010, and everything seems to be right, I've moved the files .exe and dlls to their respective directories, but when I run the game, I cant see any changes.

I'm using windows 7 ultimate x64 and I also have a laptop with windows 7 x86 and I have the same problem, please somebody could help me, i would like to make some mods and probably launch a Game based on ioquake 3.
hogsy

Re: ioquake3 help

Post by hogsy »

If I remember correctly you have to compile the game code into some sort of special format or something like that? I'm pretty sure there was some cvar or something however to let you use the dlls instead however.

I'll check it out when I get home...
JasonX

Post by JasonX »

You can compile the game code into a QVM or DLL. If the QVMs exist inside the baseq3/vm folder, the game will read those, not the DLL.
el_rolas

Post by el_rolas »

So QVM are for multiple platforms like linux and mac and dll only for windows? but I tried to remove the QVM and the game doesnt load, and I was looking for QVM on ioquake source code but I cant find them, is there any tutorial for big dummies just like me?