Sources for old Q3 mods

Discuss programming topics for any language, any source base. If it is programming related but doesn't fit in one of the below categories, it goes here.
JasonX

Sources for old Q3 mods

Post by JasonX »

I'm looking for the sources of old Q3 mods: Q3 Fortress, Q3 Rally, Geoball and Military Forces. I'm also looking for other mods, with their source, since i want to port them to ioQuake3. Does anyone have them in their HDD or some links?
leileilol

Re: Sources for old Q3 mods

Post by leileilol »

Why port them? What functionality is gained?
Most Q3 mods tend to be very closed (THE QUAKE III ARENA MODDING/GAME SOURCE CODE SDK EULA IS IMPORTANT TO OBEY AND IT MAY CONFLICT WITH GPLED IOQ3 ADDITIONS). There are very few open sourced ones.

Battle of the Sexes is one I know! The Dark Conjuction (SP q3) is another!

All I can think of the modification you'd want to do is just to add a voip button
i should not be here
qbism

Post by qbism »

Afterwards mod is nice. The source was released (but not the art).
Spirit

Post by Spirit »

Q3 Rally is ioQuake3 already, see http://www.q3rally.com/
Improve Quaddicted, send me a pull request: https://github.com/SpiritQuaddicted/Quaddicted-reviews
JasonX

Post by JasonX »

No functionality is gained, i'm just trying to keep the mods alive and improve my knowledge. :D
leileilol

Post by leileilol »

In this community, porting other's mods to an engine that regresses compatibliity for some wacky reason is a dirty thing. Remember Tenebrae?
Ioq3 partially takes the carelessness route in its CD-KEY UI traps removal in their STANDALONE builds, causing mods to crash and fail trying to address it
rather than dummying the traps themselves they removed them totally
OpenArena works around that by dummying the unused traps instead, since OA doesn't need CD keys but the way IOQ3 wishes to approach at removing that is too regressive
i should not be here