SharpQuake tuts?

Discuss programming topics for any language, any source base. If it is programming related but doesn't fit in one of the below categories, it goes here.
ArchAngel

SharpQuake tuts?

Post by ArchAngel »

Is anyone interested in some SharpQuake tuts? I'm not sure if there are any C# coders (or wouldbe coders for that matter) hanging around here, but since I'm playing around with it I'd be happy to share some if people will find the useful...
Baker

Re: SharpQuake tuts?

Post by Baker »

ArchAngel wrote:Is anyone interested in some SharpQuake tuts? I'm not sure if there are any C# coders (or wouldbe coders for that matter) hanging around here, but since I'm playing around with it I'd be happy to share some if people will find the useful...
They'd add to the diversity of the forum. So why not?

It also would help you, because people often spot bugs or advise others of a better way to do things when they read a tutorial.
The night is young. How else can I annoy the world before sunsrise? 8) Inquisitive minds want to know ! And if they don't -- well like that ever has stopped me before ..
frag.machine

Post by frag.machine »

Not exactly a C# fan, but knowledge is always valuable. Bring them on!
I know FrikaC made a cgi-bin version of the quakec interpreter once and wrote part of his website in QuakeC :) (LordHavoc)
ArchAngel

Post by ArchAngel »

Two votes is good enough for me... first tut is up :)
qbism

Post by qbism »

Is this the same source used for Silverlight Quake? That was in C#
ArchAngel

Post by ArchAngel »

I've not come across Silverlight Quake, but it's pretty certain not to be as SharpQuake uses OpenGL via the OpenTK library which PInvokes all the native calls which you're not allowed to do from with Silverlight.

If you're at all interested in C# it's worth having a look at the SharpQuake sources, they're pretty damn tidy and readable (which makes a nice change from the stock C engine :))