Kurok mp3 help

Discuss programming topics for any language, any source base. If it is programming related but doesn't fit in one of the below categories, it goes here.
Mexicouger

Kurok mp3 help

Post by Mexicouger »

Well, Kurok plays music while in-game, But when I try to put a custom song in, it will play the song. But once it's over, The game freezes. Is there anywhere I can go in the engine and Fix this?

I really want it to play my own custom music.
calvincolins

Post by calvincolins »

Hey the game need tuning with it connection. and it freeze when you put any external song that mean the game not tune with your songs.
Team Xlink

Post by Team Xlink »

Baker's, psp engine fix's this:

http://forums.inside3d.com/viewtopic.ph ... c&start=45

Revision 9
Baker

Post by Baker »

The mp3 player in Kurok and any Kurok derived engine does crash at the end of the song.

MDave avoided the problem by having the QuakeC restart the music one second before the mp3 music was over.

This meant he hardcoded the mp3 times per map name in the QuakeC and did a stuffcmd of "cd play <whatever>" when the time check indicated it was one second before the end.

Just extra information.

I'm not entirely satisfied with my MP3 music fix and some people like Downsider said it still crashed.

You can see my mp3 player "fix " by using WinMerge on "KurokQuake6" and "KurokQuake9" in the thread Xlink referred to and looking at the differences in psp\mp3.c -- which effectively just restarts the music at end of file. This is a workaround rather than a good fix in my opinion.
The night is young. How else can I annoy the world before sunsrise? 8) Inquisitive minds want to know ! And if they don't -- well like that ever has stopped me before ..
Mexicouger

Post by Mexicouger »

Kurok doesn't read cdaudio OR mp3.c. I just tried compiling with Bakers "workaround", and It Said make: Nothing to be made for all meaning It isn't read.
Baker

Post by Baker »

Mexicouger wrote:Kurok doesn't read cdaudio OR mp3.c.
It uses mp3.c

Code: Select all

# Object files used only under hardware mp3.
MP3HARDWARE_MP3LIB_ONLY_OBJS = \
	$(OBJ_DIR)/psp/cd.o \
	$(OBJ_DIR)/psp/mp3.o  // <----------------------------------- HERE
MP3HARDWARE_MP3LIB_ONLY_FLAGS = -DPSP_MP3HARDWARE_MP3LIB
Reference file: http://bladebattles.com/kurok/SVN/psp/Makefile
The night is young. How else can I annoy the world before sunsrise? 8) Inquisitive minds want to know ! And if they don't -- well like that ever has stopped me before ..
Baker

Post by Baker »

You might want to delete the psp/normal folder that contains all the intermediate files if you just copied my mp3.c file into your engine directory. Or clean. Either way. I'm not 100% how the compiler checks what files to rebuild but if you just copied my file over the date isn't newer so that could be why you didn't see mp3.c compiling.

[btw: I'm not saying that mp3.c is necessarily the only file I changed for the workaround. I can't remember as it has been a few months.]
Team Xlink

Post by Team Xlink »

Yeah, do the clean thing.

make clean -f mexicouger

It deletes all the compiled files and recompiles it all from scratch,