Compiling help for psp kurok engine

Discuss programming topics for any language, any source base. If it is programming related but doesn't fit in one of the below categories, it goes here.
Mexicouger

Compiling help for psp kurok engine

Post by Mexicouger »

I have been trying to Compile the kurok engine for a few hours now.

I got pspsdk instaled and Microsoft visual c++

I got the kurok visual project opened, and When I right click quake psp, and press build, It goes to the bottom, and Says:
Baker

Re: Compiling help for psp kurok engine

Post by Baker »

Mexicouger wrote:I have been trying to Compile the kurok engine for a few hours now.

I got pspsdk instaled and Microsoft visual c++

I got the kurok visual project opened, and When I right click quake psp, and press build, It goes to the bottom, and Says:
Mexicouger, you need to follow Team XLink's instructions carefully.

And not make typos.

You can't spell anything wrong including missing spaces and such.

Just so you know, Microsoft Visual C++ doesn't have anything to do with compiling the Kurok PSP engine. It gets compiled with the gcc compiler.

And having the PSPSDK is fine, but there are like 12 things you have to have installed in addition to that to compile.

Revisit Team XLink's instructions. Follow them carefully, take care to spell each line correctly. Spaces, dashes and everything matter. The instructions are good, but unforgiving ... any single typo will make it not work.

I've compiled the Kurok PSP on both Windows XP and Vista from Xlink's instructions just fine.

He did one helluva job.

The Kurok Quake engine for the PSP cannot be compiled using Visual C++. You *must* use Cygwin plus the toolchain. Team XLink provided the instructions and the download and they do work if you do it right but it takes attention to detail.
The night is young. How else can I annoy the world before sunsrise? 8) Inquisitive minds want to know ! And if they don't -- well like that ever has stopped me before ..
Mexicouger

Post by Mexicouger »

EDIT:

I DID IT!! I'm so excited!!!! This is awesome!!!
Baker

Post by Baker »

Mexicouger wrote:EDIT:

I DID IT!! I'm so excited!!!! This is awesome!!!
See? :lol:
The night is young. How else can I annoy the world before sunsrise? 8) Inquisitive minds want to know ! And if they don't -- well like that ever has stopped me before ..
Downsider

Post by Downsider »

There's a lot of Cygwin setup guides for the pspsdk online.
Mexicouger

Post by Mexicouger »

Thanks for helping me baker. I followed every step EXACTLY.
I like to do stuff on my own, And not get my hand held through it all.

I remember when I used to be on the Solitude forums... I was such a fooking noob...