D3D Scaling having weird effects on bounding box....

Discuss programming topics for any language, any source base. If it is programming related but doesn't fit in one of the below categories, it goes here.
boxrick

D3D Scaling having weird effects on bounding box....

Post by boxrick »

Currently im making a 3d world.... as i posted a week ago in http://forums.inside3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=1401

I now have the majority of my bounding box code sorted however i now need to scale objects... I have managed to do this just fine... however as a side effect of this it seems after scaling even though im only moving any particular object by the exact same speed as previously it appears to move faster if i have scaled the object bigger and slower if i have scaled an object smaller?

Would there be any real reason for this ? the movement speed is a set 0.1 so this is quite strange...

Also when calculating a bounding box after scaling i cannot think of the most sensible way to do this... obviously it cannot simply be scaled by a factor or a percentage because of it being co ordinate based... So does anyone have an idea of what is a good way of scaling the box to the same proportion as i scale each 3d model?

Thanks for the help again guys! 8)
Spike

Post by Spike »

keep scale and offset separate, rather than scaling the offset?