Registering on the Inside3D Forums

Important information from InsideQC staff and news post discussion threads.
Spirit

Re: Registering on the Inside3D Forums

Post by Spirit »

I just made a new account to use for anyone.
Username: bugmenot
Password: bugmenot
Mail: ^ @quaddicted.com

This is meant to be used by anyone who wants to post but can not because of the closed registration. Please be nice and do not abuse it.
Improve Quaddicted, send me a pull request: https://github.com/SpiritQuaddicted/Quaddicted-reviews
Baker

Post by Baker »

Spirit wrote:I just made a new account to use for anyone.
Username: bugmenot
Password: bugmenot
Mail: ^ @quaddicted.com

This is meant to be used by anyone who wants to post but can not because of the closed registration. Please be nice and do not abuse it.
I privately wonder if Solecord wouldn't be a better host for this site than whatever we have going on right now.

This site is the most radical of the 4 sites that matter, a place where unconventional imagination lives and flourishes and knowledge of the dark arts persists. I kind of wonder why Solecord is able to neutralize spambots, but Inside3D cannot, and in my heart part of the reason is that Solecord is passionately a professional web developer that can use QuakeOne.com as an example of a glowing and enduring long-term success, a high-traffic site to his credentials ...

... Versus the rest of us that view web site administration as a nuisance and necessary evil that distracts us from what we REALLY want to be doing ...

You and I and other modders really don't have a passionate interest in site administration, we want to be modding or building knowledgebases of some sort. I don't like the idea of a crippled Inside3D that limits participation and access.
The night is young. How else can I annoy the world before sunsrise? 8) Inquisitive minds want to know ! And if they don't -- well like that ever has stopped me before ..
Spirit

Post by Spirit »

To get advertising and datamining shoved our throats? No.

quakeone.com is probably simply using Akismet.

Its forum's member list is full of spam accounts by the way.
Improve Quaddicted, send me a pull request: https://github.com/SpiritQuaddicted/Quaddicted-reviews
leileilol

Post by leileilol »

I still have good success with NotCaptcha with custom images. Haven't seen a spambot yet.

I3D don't need no damn feature-creeped vB. vB won't solve all problems. The only reason why QuakeOne is a "success" is the site name being QuakeOne leading to SEO for those searching for a Quake site and more SEO = higher profile for spambot targets. Inside3D's name itself is a good 'eternal september' filter.
i should not be here
Baker

Post by Baker »

leileilol wrote:I3D don't need no damn feature-creeped vB. vB won't solve all problems.
I think PHPBB is a hell of a lot better for a coding forum, vBulletin is poorly suited for that. I just wish people could register here.
leileilol wrote:The only reason why QuakeOne is a "success" is the site name being QuakeOne leading to SEO for those searching for a Quake site
I just want to point out that QuakeOne.com has a culture of embracing new registrants and not attacking them. And providing good high quality answers to most non-modding questions (might be like 6-8 conflicting "right" opinions, but that's diversity and freedom of information for you).

It isn't a panacea, but newbies like a place they will be welcomed, accepted and helped.

I'm just saying ...
The night is young. How else can I annoy the world before sunsrise? 8) Inquisitive minds want to know ! And if they don't -- well like that ever has stopped me before ..
taniwha

Post by taniwha »

I had some VB the other day. First time in a couple of years. It was very nice: ice cold and went well with the steak.

Sure, VB may not solve all problems, but it will at least quench your thirst ;)
Leave others their otherness.
http://quakeforge.net/
revelator

Post by revelator »

Just an update.

Sikkpin (Doom3 dev) wishes to join but had problems getting in touch with Error for registering,
i gave him the names of the other admins so you might get a message soon.
Productivity is a state of mind.