achievment feed

Non-technical talk about multiplayer and singleplayer gameplay and game design.
r00k

achievment feed

Post by r00k »

i wonder if it would be worth doing if as players killed enemies or completed a level if updating a twitter feed at the mod
level would be something co for a webpage
ceriux

Re: achievment feed

Post by ceriux »

The way you describe it is a little confusing u mean the player logs into their twitter account and it posts achievements? What about people who don't use Twitter? I think it would be a cool additional feature. But I personally just like the in engine achievement stuff. But tbh I'm probably not the guy to ask . I don't really do the whole achievement thing.
qbism

Post by qbism »

Is this idea similar to coop or die? Post achievements to mysql/php website.

I guess engine dev gets twitter api key and can post from that website to a twitter feed for the game. Or want the game to post to twitter directly? More open to abuse that way.

Set up a wordpress account with autotwitter plugin, and set up worldserver to post to that wordpress site. I don't know how/if worldserver communicates with a blog but the idea is off-the-shelf components. Several worldserver options in the q1/ q2/ q3 realm.
Spike

Post by Spike »

float(string uril, float idcookie, optional string postmimetype, optional string postdata) uri_get = #513;
void(float idcookie, float replycode, string response) URI_Get_Callback = {};
this builtin should exist in both dp and fte, in all modules: ssqc, csqc, and menu.
with it, you should be able to post to/query websites
r00k

Post by r00k »

cool , ya i was thinking of like on a webpage, next to a server browser having something like a stream of output, ie obits and anything broadcasted to all clients from the mod. Almost like a poor mans qtv, text only.
gnounc

Post by gnounc »

I like the idea, going to add twitter login to qrack?
Or more generically, the url extension?