Are ther some Thief : Dark Project Quake mods?

Non-technical talk about multiplayer and singleplayer gameplay and game design.
daemonicky

Post by daemonicky »

leileilol

Post by leileilol »

No

There is this really really really cool one for Unreal Tournament called Thievery, though. With that, why even bother!?

p.s. Darkplaces has all the stuff necessary (abusing getlight for example)

p.p.s. no one's going to make Thief Portable for the PSP.

p.p.p.s. daemon isn't icky
i should not be here
MauveBib

Post by MauveBib »

I always wanted to make Thief: The Quake Project, but it was too much work.
Apathy Now!
daemonicky

Post by daemonicky »

MauveBib wrote:I always wanted to make Thief: The Quake Project, but it was too much work.
That would be awesome.
= Thief is similar to Quake in physics I guess, there torques are fake (probably few point X plane tests).
= Shadows were static.
= You could probably find convertor from Dromed to Quake levels.
= Light gem might be problem, I dont know how to do him. (traceline light sources?)
= Rope arrow might be interesting. I guess some movetype_none and simulating climbing movement on your own. Plus simple springs.
= Swordplay might be problem. I thought about it ... it will most likely be few tracelines rotating at distance around center of player :) ... or you can do some dead easy (and probably ugly) IK because both parts of hands and legs are approx same size you can approx them by nice triangle.
= Hoisting might be little trouble. I made some "hovering" on the ledge plus ledge detection at inside3d by tracelines, hoisting might be just animation.
= Looting ... aiming at these golden bags ... because it is not so punitive so you can aim easily I think you do traceline from these bags to player instead of opposite way and then make dot with player look vector to get angle. I guess Doom did similar stuff to make rockets get monsters when players lived in Dark Age Without Crosshair And Mouse Look.
= AI. Yes. That would be the real problem :) ...

I just like how it is easy to imagine some of that stuff by simple Quake tools. :)

Source to Thief 2 leaked http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134091 .
Spirit

Post by Spirit »

Improve Quaddicted, send me a pull request: https://github.com/SpiritQuaddicted/Quaddicted-reviews
MauveBib

Post by MauveBib »

Everything in thief is completely doable in Darkplaces if not in regular quake. The problem is more the levels than anything else.
Apathy Now!
daemonicky

Post by daemonicky »

Links are dead. But thanks :) . EDIT. Scarecrow posted downloadable ones at the end of thread ...