[Tool] Xonotic-Netradiant with added game support nightlies

Discuss the construction of maps and the tools to create maps for 3D games.
jjsullivan5196

[Tool] Xonotic-Netradiant with added game support nightlies

Post by jjsullivan5196 »

Hey guys, this isn't my work, but I thought it was some fairly useful stuff that would otherwise be obscure.

http://ingar.satgnu.net/gtkradiant/index.html

As you know, the active developers of NetRadiant are now the Xonotic team, but they themselves have not really stepped up to the plate with keeping up-to-date versions built with multigame support. However, a guy named Ignar, who used to build NetRadiant packages in the past himself, has joined the new team and is making nightly builds again!

Currently, there's a build from yesterday (the 21st) with packages for Windows, Debian, and Ubuntu, as well as a source release. The package also comes with a freshly built q3map2 toolchain.

This is great news for me and I'm sure others, as you no longer need to deal with the headache of compiling three different packages to get decent and easy to understand map tools. If you're interested, just click on the link above to go to the downloads page. All packages will be listed below the introduction.

Happy Mapping!

EDIT: This thing works like magic! It's great to have NetRadiant again!
toneddu2000

Re: [Tool] Xonotic-Netradiant with added game support nightl

Post by toneddu2000 »

Thanks for link, jjsullivan5196! Do you know if ingar added something cool in this new release?
I always used his release and it's very stable on Windows! Really great guy!
Meadow Fun!! - my first commercial game, made with FTEQW game engine
jjsullivan5196

Re: [Tool] Xonotic-Netradiant with added game support nightl

Post by jjsullivan5196 »

He said his patches added support for some image format, WebP. He didn't say much else. He is contributing patches to the git project now.