LIT file help!

Discuss the construction of maps and the tools to create maps for 3D games.
franqutrass

LIT file help!

Post by franqutrass »

Hello guys, I need some help with creating colored lights in quake 1, I need to know how can I make a lit archive for a map I've created. I'm using the engoo engine which supports LIT files, but I don't know how to create those files, perhaps some of you know a program to create those files.
hello
franqutrass

Re: LIT file help!

Post by franqutrass »

something else, I'm using Quark army knife to create my maps, I'm not sure if this program is useful to create this lit files.
hello
leileilol

Post by leileilol »

You'll need a light compiling tool that can output them such as tyrlite. Does your map feature _color keys on light entities? QuArK should allow you to use a color selector once you manually enter a _color key in the light.

BTW the only LITs i've tested were produced with WinMHcolour2009 which uses an automated process retaining the luminance of mono lights while sampling from nearby fullbrights and torches, completely sidestepping the Quake2 saturation problem. I haven't even actively looked for maps that did have LITs with them when developing software colored lighting - but if anyone knows something as colorful as Unreal, let me know :P.
i should not be here
franqutrass

Post by franqutrass »

thank you bro, It worked, now I can add colored lights.
hello