sm129

Discuss the construction of maps and the tools to create maps for 3D games.
scar3crow
InsideQC Staff

sm129

Post by scar3crow »

http://www.celephais.net/board/view_thr ... start=1826

The theme is traps, as you can clearly see
Im linking this here simply to raise awareness as it is a straightforward and positively delicious theme for a speedmap, which I think anyone with basic modding/mapping knowledge could get into. Im basically just hoping more than the usual group will map for this one, so I have more maps personally to play and traps to attempt to outwit =)
CocoT

Post by CocoT »

Entar

Post by Entar »

IMO, the theme sorta made the maps a little annoying to play. Musta been fun making 'em though.
Dr. Shadowborg
InsideQC Staff

Post by Dr. Shadowborg »

My thoughts:

Neg!ke: Very nice, though the action is too crammed into the opening bit of the map. Didn't like the slime dip towards the end, or the not so obvious crusher plate. Overall, reminded me of Duke Nukem 3D and some of the better Quake2 stuff. Something odd I noted though is that the spikeshooters shot spikes and not lasers. O_o

Omus: You are a very bad man. Rather sparse on action, but gains points for reminding me of ROTT and Scott McNutt's Game of Death. Even if the Crusher Walls are waaay too fast, and would have been better if they were slower and overlapped into each others tracks, it's still not too bad a map.

Efdat: Once again, I must award the best of the pack award to Efdat. This thing is really REALLY cool, and very easily could have been part of the original zerstorer mod. The Grenade Trap room was downright evil, but not too bad as long as you understand the nature of grenades. The only real gripe I have with it is that it's not immediatly apparent that you have to destroy the generator couplings to enable access to the gold key.

Overall a very worthy speedmapping pack.
Last edited by Dr. Shadowborg on Wed Nov 15, 2006 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Entar

Post by Entar »

Dr. Shadowborg wrote:Efdat: Once again, I must award the best of the pack award to Efdat. This thing is really REALLY cool, and very easily could have been part of the original zerstorer mod. The only real gripe I have with it is that it's not immediatly apparent that you have to destroy the generator couplings to enable access to the gold key.

Overall a very worthy speedmapping pack.
Agreed, and agreed.
neg!ke

Post by neg!ke »

Dr. Shadowborg:
yeah, my map was uninspired like hell. i had a few very nice traps (real traps, not just dangerous areas) in mind, but they weren't supposed to be - maybe because of the textures..?
the falling ceiling was somewhat marked by the blood stains on the floor. i changed the laser shooters to spikes because the light emitted by the lasers would shine through the floor which looked silly. ;)
thanks for the comments.