Small question on WC3.3 (selecting sides)

Discuss the construction of maps and the tools to create maps for 3D games.
CocoT

Small question on WC3.3 (selecting sides)

Post by CocoT »

I apologize in advance for the dullness of my question...

So I had a go at Worldcraft 3.3 (after not touching it for a long time) and, for some reasons, I don't seem to be able anymore to select specific sides of a shape in the 3D editor in order to change its texture. The only way I can change a texture is by selecting the whole thing in the 2D window (but then, of course, I end up changing all sides of that object, which is not what I want). Any idea what I might have done to disable the ability to select individual sides? I've gone through all the options and I can't find any answer...

Thanks in advance!
Neurotic Conversions - New location: Update your bookmarks!
ceriux

Re: Small question on WC3.3 (selecting sides)

Post by ceriux »

theres a specific tool for it the multi colored cube http://ammahls.com/resource/tuts/ui.JPG
CocoT

Post by CocoT »

Oh yeah, I do have the multi-colored cube icon selected - but it just won't select facets anyway.
I should add that I can't even select an object or an entity from the 3D view either...

I've just read somehwere (http://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=926924) it might have something to do with catalyst drivers... I tried to revert back to an older driver, but it seems to be a pain in a butt and will probably affect a lot of the games I want to play.

Is there any way to select a facet outside of the 3D view?
CocoT

Post by CocoT »

UPDATE (just for info's sake and in case somebody runs into the same issue)

So I eventually uninstalled my catalyst drivers, then proceeded to reinstall them, and it did the trick!