subdivideFace error

Discuss the construction of maps and the tools to create maps for 3D games.
ajay

subdivideFace error

Post by ajay »

Hi. Took out a building from the main map, tinkered with it, compiled it in a small test map; all fine. Moved it back into the main map - error. Removed some of the more complicated bits; still an error. Removed the whole building; still an error!
The error is "subdivideFace: Didn't split the polygon near: (-815 354 1000000000). No idea what 1000000000 refers to, but -815, 354 is broadly speaking the centre of where the building is (or would be). The error also mentions the texture of the polygon at fault; there's no brush with that texture anywhere near it, in fact with the building removed there's no brush there at all, but still the error.
Any guidance appreciated greatly, as is "do X ajay and it's fixed" ;)
goldenboy

Re: subdivideFace error

Post by goldenboy »

Before reimporting the testmap building into the main map, load your testmap into the editor, switch off texture lock, and reset all texture orientations on it to "Axial" or the equivalent. Then try transplanting the building again.

If that doesn't work, find brushes with the problematic texture on them, and reset their texture scale and alignment.

I've had this happen after scaling brushes with texture lock engaged. It's related to distorted textures.
ajay

Re: subdivideFace error

Post by ajay »

Hi thanks. You were right, tho' I found it kind of accidentally; not in such an organised way! The section that was at fault had been in the map since I started it, what happened to those few brushes to cause I don't know, but what ever I did when pasting in the building and moving things a little obviously messed them up. Re-made and alls well. Cheers.