The TrenchBroom Level Editor for Quake

Discuss the construction of maps and the tools to create maps for 3D games.
SleepwalkR

Re: The TrenchBroom Level Editor for Quake

Post by SleepwalkR »

Because that's how old the build is ;-)
qbism

Post by qbism »

xaGe wrote:The build doesn't like Window XP!
Sorry, I think I can fix that by switching to the XP build tools. I'm running Win7. But likely better off with the 'official' alpha if that's working. If there's no functional difference noticed while mapping I will probably switch to that myself :D
ceriux

Post by ceriux »

yeah lol im running winXP all i have available to me atm.
xaGe

Post by xaGe »

Oh sorry, my confusion. When you wrote, "For windows users, here is the latest TB2 alpha build" just assumed you meant recent build like this week or so recent. It runs fine though, no issue thus far.

:lol:
SleepwalkR wrote:Because that's how old the build is ;-)
qbism

Post by qbism »

Build with the XP platform toolset: http://super8.qbism.com/wp-content/uplo ... n32_XP.zip
This and the previous link are built from commit e400fafed3.
SleepwalkR

Post by SleepwalkR »

Please note that I won't troubleshoot other builds than my own.
xaGe

Post by xaGe »

I wouldn't expect you too.
SleepwalkR wrote:Please note that I won't troubleshoot other builds than my own.

BTW qbism your build seemed to work fine for me on anything Windows XP I tried, but might of been mistaken as it doesn't seem to load later when attempted. Doesn't matter though it ran in Windows 7 fine and SleepwalkR's "offical" alpha seems to work ok in XP.
Last edited by xaGe on Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ceriux

Post by ceriux »

hey i couldnt get it to work on xp so i formatted "upgraded" to Vista and both builds crash after creating a document. (new map) dont have a map to open to test if that crashes as well.
xaGe

Post by xaGe »

For windows users, here is the latest TB2 alpha build:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mrrz1mbf3l6xm ... e.zip?dl=0

That ^^^ one too?! Weird that worked over here.

ceriux wrote:hey i couldnt get it to work on xp so i formatted "upgraded" to Vista and both builds crash after creating a document. (new map) dont have a map to open to test if that crashes as well.
ceriux

Post by ceriux »

xaGe wrote:For windows users, here is the latest TB2 alpha build:

ceriux wrote:hey i couldnt get it to work on xp so i formatted "upgraded" to Vista and both builds crash after creating a document. (new map) dont have a map to open to test if that crashes as well.

i think i found the problem. its seems to be , being closed by something called "DEP" a security feature on Vista... i'm going to see if i can somehow change the settings on it to allow the app to run.

it wont allow me to shut it off for trenchbroom specifically i guess the next solution is to try and find a way to turn DEP off all together...

okay even with DEP disabled it still crashes...

this is the hardware im stuck with atm. do you think it could be because of this? LINK
xaGe

Post by xaGe »

It might be, "MIGHT" be the Intel GMA X3100 in your Toshiba causing it, but it could be also be the Microsoft OS as well. Last night out of curiousity I grabbed the source from git, compiled in minutes and ran Trenchbroom 2 on a similarly speced HP G50 laptop using a GMA X4500 which is only 2 steps away from yours.

I think the only major difference between the two laptops is I'm running on Manjaro Xfce 32bit.

If you're a windows guy guess just wait until you can piece together a new desktop, buy a better laptop or maybe give dual booting a Linux distro alongside Windows if you're so inclined and capable.

ceriux wrote:
xaGe wrote:For windows users, here is the latest TB2 alpha build:

i think i found the problem. its seems to be , being closed by something called "DEP" a security feature on Vista... i'm going to see if i can somehow change the settings on it to allow the app to run.

it wont allow me to shut it off for trenchbroom specifically i guess the next solution is to try and find a way to turn DEP off all together...

okay even with DEP disabled it still crashes...

this is the hardware im stuck with atm. do you think it could be because of this? LINK
ceriux

Post by ceriux »

i guess i could load up ubuntu again.. i just wouldnt be using it for anything but using trenchbroom..
xaGe

Post by xaGe »

Not my cup of tea, but if that's what you know its worth a shot to try compiling and running the TB2 from src in buntu.
qbism

Post by qbism »

Does TB1 run on the Toshiba?
xaGe

Post by xaGe »

Earlier in this thread he alluded to a "crashing" issue with TB1 so guessing it doesn't run either. That's why I mentioned a different OS or maybe its a driver issue under windows? I remember trying TB1 on my laptop with intel graphics under windows 7 32bit having the same issue of crashing with some GL error message when trying to load a map. Same laptop under linux and TB2 runs fairly well.
qbism wrote:Does TB1 run on the Toshiba?