BSP Quake Editor - source code?

Discuss the construction of maps and the tools to create maps for 3D games.
goldenboy

Re: BSP Quake Editor - source code?

Post by goldenboy »

do you have a 32 bit build with H2 support? I downloaded bsptest.7z but it seems to only contain q1/q2.

Also, where do the map compilers come from? Are those the same that are offered at the Hammer of Thyrion site? They (and their details) are kinda very important for mappers.
revelator

Post by revelator »

Hmm it should have H2 support for both not sure about the tools as far as i remember there the one's the bsp editor came with but if you got a special request for them ill provide an updated package with those + readme's.
Productivity is a state of mind.
revelator

Post by revelator »

Repacked version.

http://code.google.com/p/realm/download ... p&can=2&q=

Forgot to include the game cfg for Hexen2 (missing entry in menu without it).

H2 Tools from Hammer of thyrion (cant locate the documentation for them but ill ask the author).

Quake1 and Quake2 tools are the original that came with bsp itself.
goldenboy

Post by goldenboy »

Thank you, I will definitely try this. I'll probably write a Hexen 2 mapping tutorial, where I will mention it.

I just got H2 mapping to work with Radiant, by the way, so nevermind my earlier request, unless you really want to do it. :wink:
revelator

Post by revelator »

:) cool. A mapping tutorial will be a very nice addition since there are not many for hexen2 out there.
Ill probably try to fix it but a real gui coder could most likely do it in 1/10 of the time it will take me :lol: ill most likely still try though :)
Its like my old curse of not being able to Draw a pencil man without breaking both the pencil and the paper, also followed me into other graphical endeavours :evil:
most of the time i try to avoid stuff like that like it was the devil himself heh.

Hmm still crashes at exit here with a c00005 error. It points to the msvcrt runtime maybe something got updated in my win7 version which causes this.
Atleast the editor Works fine untill you close it but its damn strange.
xaGe

Post by xaGe »

It is strange, but maybe its like you suspect and its just something off with your system. Has anyone had the same issue besides you I wonder?
qbism

Post by qbism »

Both 64 builds crash on exit for me. Also textures in the texture browser are messed up. 32-builds work great though.
revelator

Post by revelator »

ok more Work to do then :) ill see if i can get the remaining buggers fixed.
xaGe

Post by xaGe »

None of the 4 exe's crash on exit for me. The 32bits one's "seem" to work just fine all around. The 64bit one's have the texture corruption others have noted, but there is more I noticed related to textures. If you enable texture stretching in the texture selection context menu the size of the texture preview actually shrinks.

One more thing I thought only effected the 64bit's, but it turns out the same in the 32's. "Animate sky" can be turned off, but texture "Animation" can't be turned off from the Texture selection.

There might be a few other things revolving around the Texture window, but don't remember what just now.
revelator

Post by revelator »

Thanks for the heads up :) ill see what can be done. I suspect i need to align a few Things to the 64 bit values but that was expected its still a pretty crude port so Theres probably tons of stuff that still needs a workover.